Dahua SD59225U-HNI.... HP pro curve Poe+ Connection

Reaction score
Any help is appreciated. I'm having trouble getting the camera to work via the switch only. I can output 33v but for some reason the camera will not work. When the port is set at 33 it shows the cam to only be consuming 17. Works fine off the brick on a non Poe port. Any ideas?

smole

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SD59225 is 802.3at so it needs 42.5V-57V.

It's best that you get a more powerful powerbrick with more V and A (within the range of the switch).

I had the same problem with the same camera but a different switch.

Reaction score
The power supply that was included in the box with the camera is a 24vac power supply...it metered 27 vac. The camera works fine with that...I'm thinking there must be something else..

Reaction score
The power supply that was included in the box with the camera is a 24vac power supply...it metered 27 vac. The camera works fine with that...I'm thinking there must be something else..

One other thing to note is when plugged directly to switch on a poe+ port the camera seems to be doing some kind of power cycle repeatedly, it will do a complete 360 wait a few seconds and do it again... this continues endlessly

Reaction score
From what I have read about some of the other dahua ptz's there was a firmware that cured this exact problem... I was hoping to get Andy or someone who actually knows.

Reaction score
Never mind I fixed it. The HP ProCurve switch is more than adequate. You just have to be smart enough to use it. After thoroughly reading the manual my problem is resolved. For anyone interested the HP ProCurve switch is an enterprise level switch that also has layer 3 switching. Configurations are near endless, and can be had for $39 on Ebay. Pretty damn good deal considering 12 poe+ ports plus 12 reg ports.
HP ProCurve J9624A 2620-24 PoE+ Ethernet Network Switch w/ Ears - Rack Mountable | eBay

Long story of it is the switch was trying to conserve power to the device and only give it what was needed at the minimum. This works fine for the small cams that don't have the current draw of a larger cam with motors that are activating a different times. The port was going down on over current. The ports are all individually configured. The port my ptz is on is now configured properly. Proof is in the puddin. The screen shot below is with the cam hooked up a pre made piece of cat5e shielded 500 foot long. The amp draw only increased 25mA from a 10 foot piece of cat6.

If anyone needs any help on configuring the HP switch I would be more than happy to assist. I can not speak to those switches I'm unfamiliar with.

20200205_110139.jpg

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Never mind I fixed it. The HP ProCurve switch is more than adequate. You just have to be smart enough to use it. After thoroughly reading the manual my problem is resolved. For anyone interested the HP ProCurve switch is an enterprise level switch that also has layer 3 switching. Configurations are near endless, and can be had for $39 on Ebay. Pretty damn good deal considering 12 poe+ ports plus 12 reg ports.
HP ProCurve J9624A 2620-24 PoE+ Ethernet Network Switch w/ Ears - Rack Mountable | eBay

Long story of it is the switch was trying to conserve power to the device and only give it what was needed at the minimum. This works fine for the small cams that don't have the current draw of a larger cam with motors that are activating a different times. The port was going down on over current. The ports are all individually configured. The port my ptz is on is now configured properly. Proof is in the puddin. The screen shot below is with the cam hooked up a pre made piece of cat5e shielded 500 foot long. The amp draw only increased 25mA from a 10 foot piece of cat6.

If anyone needs any help on configuring the HP switch I would be more than happy to assist. I can not speak to those switches I'm unfamiliar with.

View attachment 55165
Thanks for posting that. I just ordered on of these. I've outgrown my 8port poe+

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've been running this same switch for quite a while now. For the price it is extremely good value. Just update the OS to the latest. It has a nicer web interface.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine was delivered today. A little bummed that its only 12port of poe+ I thought it was 24, still a good deal though, and i doubt i'll go over 12 cameras.

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine was delivered today. A little bummed that its only 12port of poe+ I thought it was 24, still a good deal though, and i doubt i'll go over 12 cameras.
The PPOE in the name stands for partial poe, hence the reason for only 12 poe ports. Irrespective, as I've said previously, it is very good value for money.

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The PPOE in the name stands for partial poe, hence the reason for only 12 poe ports. Irrespective, as I've said previously, it is very good value for money.
Yeah i'm not loosing any sleep over it. 12 ports is enough for me, and maybe i'll end up moving some of my servers to the garage since its got some regular ports on there too

danimal86

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

View attachment 55165
Any hope you can give me a rundown on what settings i need/should change on this guy? I'll probably play with it this weekend.

WTFG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got this switch last week, one SD29204UE on port one works fine the second a DH-SD59430U that requires 24 watts I have on port 2
The camera just goes into self spin mode back and forth and I cant get it to connect to NVR
I put it on a POE injector on port 24 and it connects to NVR there, any ideas ?

WTFG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I set the second port to 30 watts, is that it ?

WTFG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you think that would cause the camera to go into that constant spin mode ?