Dahua SD59225U-HNI Locked up

FFindel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello team,

I'm hoping someone has seen or worked through a similar problem ?

I have a SD59225U-HNI that I have had inservice for about a month. It is a very nice camera and worked very well (didn't try auto tracking yet). I have it wired to a NVR5232-16P-4KS2 with 4 other Dahua bullet cameras, they are all working well.

After 3 weeks of having the 59225 installed the camera quit working and wouldn't respond to power on and off or changing ports on the NVR. I took it down from its pole mount and when hooked directly to my computer I can ping it and I can set the ip address using the Dahua ConfigTool program but no other communication through the ConfigTool works.

When powered up by either the 24v external power supply or the POE+ it does run through the start-up sequence of rotating the camera in both axis but after that it seems to reboot itself every 155 seconds and I havent been able to access the web service. If you send a ping -t command it will not return packets during the reboot sequence. I have tried the internal reset button many times in different ways, holding down while powered up for over 2 minutes. Holding reset button down on power up, this doesn't work well when camera starts to rotate :). The reset button seems to have no effect will not reset back to default ip and/or password.

I would really appreciate any ideas on where or what to try next?

I have enjoyed reading and learning from the folks on ipcamtalk and hope the community can help me out of this jam.

FFindel

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the response!
Yes, I have tried directly wired to computer with no internet access and using separate power supply.
I was reading the other rebooting thread and first thought internet access could be my problem but does not appear to be.
While it was connected to the NVR it was always isolated from the internet.

FFindel

n3wb
Reaction score
I wanted to update the forum that I was able to get the SD59225U-HNI working again. Took me several months! I didn't do anything special just was persistent and would try to log into the web UI when I had a chance. One day it just connected and I had the latest firmware ready and loaded it. I will say the new firmware is a nice upgrade and the new firmware for the NVR5xx is even a better upgrade. The IVS is easy to setup through the NVR and the new features are very nice. Hope it lasts !

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wanted to update the forum that I was able to get the SD59225U-HNI working again. Took me several months! I didn't do anything special just was persistent and would try to log into the web UI when I had a chance. One day it just connected and I had the latest firmware ready and loaded it. I will say the new firmware is a nice upgrade and the new firmware for the NVR5xx is even a better upgrade. The IVS is easy to setup through the NVR and the new features are very nice. Hope it lasts !
What exact firmware version did you install on the camera?
No problems with the new firmware?

FFindel

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed "DH_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.215.0000000.1.R.20170901" on the NVR and
I installed "[PAL]DH_SD-Eos_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.600.0000.3.R.20170630" & "[PTZ]General_SD59XXXS-HN_V3.02.93.R.170518" direct from the Dahua website.
SD59225U-HNI - Dahua Technology

vinson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I installed DH_NVR5XXX-4K_Eng_V3.215.0000000.1.R.20170901 for my nvr now i cant find web nvr and cant use gmdss app and cant find my another camera .canyou help me .thank you.