Dahua sd59230u - Issues

Liran

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have installed a new Dahua sd59230u ptz cam a month ago. It worked perfectly fine up until 4 days ago including the auto tracking function.
It is wired by cat7 cable directly to the modem router and gets its power supply from the original power supply.
There are 2 issues I am facing currently:
1. The auto tracking is not stable so it is start focusing on a moving object, but then stops and start moving to diffent directions loosing the object (it moves with no sense to different directions).
2. After #1 happens, it crushes and then gets back to the original factory default definitions and it should be redefine completely like a new cam.

Any idea what causes it and how should I fix it?

thanks!
LIran

Liran

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Thank you for your rsespond
I’m already done it with no success .

Liran

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an update- I opened the camera in the reset button location and I found out that the button is loosened.
The base of button is stable, but the button is loosened. I stabilized it with a toothpick and the restarts issue (after the camera moves) stopped.
I have also upgrade the system version to the last firmware version.
I follow the steps in the video that you sent, but the auto tracking issue is still there- once the object gets into the intrusion box, the camera captures it, zooms in, but once the object starts moving, it looses the object and starts moving all over the place.

I would like to mention that in the first two weeks after getting the camera, the auto tracking worked perfectly fine.

Do you think it might be a hardware issue? Which additional checks can I do?

Thanks!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an update- I opened the camera in the reset button location and I found out that the button is loosened.
The base of button is stable, but the button is loosened. I stabilized it with a toothpick and the restarts issue (after the camera moves) stopped.
I have also upgrade the system version to the last firmware version.
I follow the steps in the video that you sent, but the auto tracking issue is still there- once the object gets into the intrusion box, the camera captures it, zooms in, but once the object starts moving, it looses the object and starts moving all over the place.

I would like to mention that in the first two weeks after getting the camera, the auto tracking worked perfectly fine.

Do you think it might be a hardware issue? Which additional checks can I do?

Thanks!
YOU better put on some videos here and then guys easy checking.

Liran

n3wb
Reaction score
YOU better put on some videos here and then guys easy checking.
I am attaching 4 videos: 3 show the issue (files names: problem1, problem2, problem3) and 1 shows the cam before the issue (file name: work fine).
After looking at the videos, can you tell if it is a hardware issue or an infrastructure issue?

Thanks!

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am attaching 4 videos: 3 show the issue (files names: problem1, problem2, problem3) and 1 shows the cam before the issue (file name: work fine).
After looking at the videos, can you tell if it is a hardware issue or an infrastructure issue?

Thanks!
You need to upload those videos to Youtube or the like, then share the links here.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you set it back to factory defaults, are you setting it backup from scratch? Or are you importing settings you saved?
If you are importing settings, I would set it back to factory defaults, the default that resets the IP address and passwords, then set it back up from scratch.

The reset button, part that you press, it would be normal for it to be a little loose.

Another thought,
Is the camera exposed to the internet in any way?
Have you turned off UPNP in your router and in the camera?
Blocked the camera from contacting the internet?

Liran

n3wb
Reaction score
When you set it back to factory defaults, are you setting it backup from scratch? Or are you importing settings you saved?
If you are importing settings, I would set it back to factory defaults, the default that resets the IP address and passwords, then set it back up from scratch.

The reset button, part that you press, it would be normal for it to be a little loose.

Another thought,
Is the camera exposed to the internet in any way?
Have you turned off UPNP in your router and in the camera?
Blocked the camera from contacting the internet?
1. I set it up from scratch
2. I blocked the internet access
3. I turned off UPnP only in the cam definition