Dahua SD59432XA-HNR audio. What are you guys doing for a mic setup?

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have this camera coming, and I've scanned the specs but don't see a built in mic like my Color4K-X has, unless I'm missing it.

It would be too weird not to have sound after all this time having it with the 4K-X, so how are you guys solving your audio with cameras which don't have a built in mic. I'd like to get on Amazon, and grab a decent mic with one of those fuzzy thingmabobs so I can do that when installing it.

Here are the specs, in case I'm missing it: SD59432XA-HNR

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They do not put mics on PTZs because all you will hear is the sound of it PTZing LOL.

The camera has a mic in that you can find one on Amazon to attach to.

Many here use this one:
I have used these as well:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the leads.

In the specs it says Audio I/O = bare wire. Does that mean that's all I have to deal with, versus RCA etc? I don't mind soldering/heat shrinking etc, but if it already has some plugs, I may as well source my mic with the same plugs, before I go cannibalizing some of the junk I have around here.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was able to find a few photos of the wiring, and yup, bare wire. Which in some ways makes it more flexible to whatever I find on Amazon. I could side step any adapters and just solder the mic in if I wanted (edit), but cutting whatever adapters off I have in stock, and using those would be a lot cleaner, and portable.
sd59432xa-hnr_wiring_labelled.jpg
sd59432xa-hnr_wiring.jpg

Last edited:

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really stoked about getting this one to play with. Should offer some incredible up close views of the lake, and cliffs etc. I'll try and use the abandoned object IVS to see if I can't get it to pay attention to the critters which come by, but even if that's a bust I still expect it will bring a pile of joy.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here's a kicker .. one of the mics mentioned above, I may have jumped on. Looks heads and shoulders above the others out there .. but!

Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 01.34.09.png
Seriously?!! It's just over $100 CDN once you factor in the obscene shipping costs. What a douche.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And the camera has power out, but it's 24 VAC. So I was thinking of picking one of these up to knock that down to 12 VDC, but it's 1.5A.

61dB8Ni+TzL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Any electrical whizkids here? How do I bring that down in the range that some of these mics require, like the 17 mA needed for the mic above? Or is there another solution I'm overlooking?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's beginning to look that way. It's funny you say what you said, because I was always that kid that was ripping perfectly good things apart. And the family cassette deck was one of my earlier victims. :rofl:

By the time I was older I had not only the phones bugged, but also the upstairs. I kid you not haha.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Seriously?!! It's just over $100 CDN once you factor in the obscene shipping costs. What a douche.
That is ridiculous but shipping cost from the US has gotten stupid expensive now - $21 USD via USPS Air Mail for the least expensive 1 lb. or less/12" or under package to Canada. Worse beyond North America - $26 USD for the least expensive small package. UPS, Fedex, DHL even worse at double that or more plus whatever brokerage and all they want to add. It's killing my international business.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
See if you can purchase the MicroSeven directly from their website for $22 USD.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I was thinking of picking one of these up to knock that down to 12 VDC, but it's 1.5A.
Tested the mike and the current draw is in the range of less than 1 milliamp. If you don't mind running another pair of wires then use a 12 VDC wall wart. The ligher non transformer types seem to be better filtered than the heaver transformer types. Running one MocroSeven at 12 VDC and the other at 16 VDC. Both work fine. A 9 volt battery could be used for testing, but will only last about 2 weeks on a 24x7 basis depending on battery type.

On your question about the 1.5 amps, this is the maximum output current rating at 12 VDC for the AC/DC adapter. i.e. it can provide current less than the maximum but NO more than 1.5 amps at 12 VDC. That is provided that the AC input is at least 1 amp at 16 VDC or a little more than half an amp at 28 VAC.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
my brain hurts. So there is no DC voltage coming off any of the spare wires if your currently powered by POE right?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to provide it power - either with a separate wire or a splitter off the ethernet POE