Dahua SD59432XA-HNR audio. What are you guys doing for a mic setup?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if they make a micro inverter from POE's VAC to 12VDC.
So what is actually running down the cat wire? 28 VAC i guess?
Edit (Doh!) nightlife already found one up above!

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tested the mike and the current draw is in the range of less than 1 milliamp. If you don't mind running another pair of wires then use a 12 VDC wall wart. The ligher non transformer types seem to be better filtered than the heaver transformer types. Running one MocroSeven at 12 VDC and the other at 16 VDC. Both work fine. A 9 volt battery could be used for testing, but will only last about 2 weeks on a 24x7 basis depending on battery type.

On your question about the 1.5 amps, this is the maximum output current rating at 12 VDC for the AC/DC adapter. i.e. it can provide current less than the maximum but NO more than 1.5 amps at 12 VDC. That is provided that the AC input is at least 1 amp at 16 VDC or a little more than half an amp at 28 VAC.
Thanks. So something like the AC/DC adapter I posted might work then, as it doesn't put out 1.5A; that's just the max it's capable of. Would there be interference to the camera system if I tried shoving that adapter into the PFA120 junction box? I'm unclear what you mean when you say -

"The lighter non transformer types seem to be better filtered than the heaver transformer types."

I could try plugging in the power supply it comes with. I have an outdoor outlet within a fairly close proximity. Might need to extend the wiring on the supply, but my real concern is snow build up and shorts. The outlet is below a 3 stair transition in deck levels, only a few inches off the decking below those stairs. It doesn't have a ground, so perhaps not wise.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wonder if they make a micro inverter from POE's VAC to 12VDC.
So what is actually running down the cat wire? 28 VAC i guess?
Edit (Doh!) nightlife already found one up above!
This is right from the site that sells the mic, and looks like a tidy solution: Microseven IP Cameras

Just plug my PoE into this, and it's rj45 into the camera. Then this adapter's 12VDC power into the red of the mic, and the mic's RCA into a RCA plug that I hack off an old RCA cable, and solder to the camera wiring.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Clear deal. To me anyway. You're gonna need a 5 gallon pail for a mounting junction box ;)
I'll have to check the dimensions of the PFA120 junction box. Really all I'm adding will be the PoE splitter above and the equivalent of 3 RCA's. And I'll be bench fitting and testing it all in the heated/attached garage. Beer, whiskey, cigar, herb and a leather easyboy if things start going sideways haha

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That particular camera draws 24 watts when the IR is on. I have used those POE power splitters and they work very well on the average camera but when I powered my MIC on SD49225 which draws 21 watts, the splitter ran quite warm and did not last very long.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Crap I just pulled the trigger a second ago. As long as it just fades away, and doesn't burst into flames. The up side is I don't record 24/7, but still it will be on patrol, so it doesn't matter. Sounds like it will be short lived.

Is there a more robust version you found luck with. I might save the above for another job then, and source a better one for the 24 watt'er.

Thanks

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
The original IEEE 802.3af-2003[1] PoE standard provides up to 15.4 W of DC power (minimum 44 V DC and 350 mA)[2][3] on each port.[4] Only 12.95 W is assured to be available at the powered device as some power dissipates in the cable.[5

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
802.3at-2009[6] PoE standard also known as PoE+ or PoE plus, provides up to 25.5 W of power for Type 2 devices.[7] The 2009 standard prohibits a powered device from using all four pairs for power.[8] Both of these standards have since been incorporated into the IEEE 802.3-2012 publication.[9]
The IEEE 802.3bt-2018 standard further expands the power capabilities of 802.3at. It is also known as PoE++ or 4PPoE. The standard introduces two additional power types: up to 51 W delivered power (Type 3) and up to 71.3 W delivered power (Type 4). Each pair of twisted pairs needs to handle a current of up to 600 mA (Type 3) or 960 mA (Type 4).[10] Additionally, support for 2.5GBASE-T, 5GBASE-T and 10GBASE-T is included.[11] This development opens the door to new applications and expands the use of applications such as high-performance wireless access points and surveillance cameras.

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My Netgear switch is "at", but it may be that the PoE splitter (above in post #23) may cook.