Dahua SD5A225XA reboot mark: abort

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
24V power would be DC not AC and clear in spec it is indeed PoE.+( 802.3at) which it obviously doesn't seam to work correct hence why the ONLY option is to return for a refund and try a different camera maybe the SD49225xa-HNR which is basically the same camera and smaller & cheaper Win Win.
I must check the power supply tomorrow but I am almost sure it is AC. Would be tragicomic if that is also wrong in the datasheet. SD49225XA-HNR would be an option but I couldn't find it has autotracking as I looked in the specs.

One option worth of testing could be also supplying 24V via passive poe adapters but can be extra work to protect the splitter in camera end.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Purchase it from @EMPIRETECANDY and it comes with autotracking...

But we know someone here would send you the autotrack firmware if you purchased it elsewhere...flash at your own risk though...

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
If tried the new power and new cable, and still keep booting, then the problem is the camera itself. Can export the Log docs for me, i can show dahua engineer to check for you.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Caught it finally. Almost 1 sec power spike of 40W. Although, connected to Hi-Poe port the switch should handle this?

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have news again. The dealer found out together with Dahua support that there is a moment when camera models current draw rises high and causes reboot especially when connected in TAM1GT1GT-30 injector. Dahua support recommended to use
either Hi-Poe 75W injector or 24VAC power supply. It seems that Poe+ info in datasheet is wrong.

Last week I got also Vigitron PoE voltage/power meter and I have used it to see what happens in reboot. According to this meter, cameras power consumption is not so high. During daytime, it can be 7-8W on idle and IR on around 10W. When tracking, 11-14W. This all with PFS3005-4ET-60 switch in 30W port which offers 53V. TAM1GT1GT-30 voltage is 51V. Both measured near the switch.

I had bullet camera recording the meter while PTZ was doing reboots. I could not see any big power peak, although there was always quick voltage dip just when the recording was stopping and camera rebooted. 53->52->53 in a half second. Highest watts were
15-17W just before reboot, no more. I also repeated the test when weather permitted and put the meter outside directly in cameras connector. Did not see significant difference in levels.

I also found a good way to test if the camera reboots or not. I have a preset with zoom full wide and one vertical tripwire just about center of the picture. I walk slowly back and forth in a form of an arc about 4-5m from the camera. Camera starts tracking me, and I continue walking. I walk until camera stops tracking and returns to preset. I repeat this, and if plugged in TAM1GT1GT-30 with a 5m cable, camera reboots almost sure. I could get camera reboot three times in a row. With 5m cable and PFS3005-4ET-60 switch, camera plugged in 30W port, I didn't had patience to repeat walking so many times I could get it reboot. Still, during normal operation it could reboot occasionally, maybe once a day or less.

I still was wondering why my client has reboots even he has Hi-Poe switch and good cable.

I made a stupid setup which should of course not be made permanently, but just for a test. I put PFS3005-4ET-60 switch with Vigitron meter in the other end, then 40m+20m U/UTP cable and last 5m F/UTP cable. Three female/female connectors in between.
Plugged the camera in 30W port and after 3 hours, I could see 3 reboots. I was surprised when I was playbacking the camera pointing Vigitron meter. In one of 3 reboots, I could see watts peaking 44 just before reboot! On the video I could count it lasted around 10 frames (half a second in this case). I don't know what is the sample frequency of that Vigitron meter, but it could be slower than the peak and that's the reason it is not seen in all reboots (and I haven't playbacked all of them).

Later I plugged the camera in Hi-Poe port and repeated my walking test. Quess what? Yes, reboot again. Of course the cable test setup is not good here now, but seems to be we have to pay very much attention to cable quality, length and AWG. Even though, my client still has AWG23 factory-made cables which are not too long.

I will leave it in Hi-Poe port now and see if there is reboots in normal operation with this crazy cable setup.

Did you get this solved with 75W injector?
So far so good. I dont have remote access anymore to check log files.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
News again. More than week ago I got a new MCU firmware from Dahua support. Probably it is customized as it is not (yet) available for public download.

Since upgrading the MCU, camera has been working fine without reboots for a full week. I even put back the TAM1GT1GT-30 injector after upgrade and even with that it has been working ok.

Next step is to upgrade one of client's cameras with this new FW and see if it helps also there. I am now quite hopeful.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And double check: I put back the previous MCU FW and did nothing else. In one hour got 3 abort reboots.

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any updates on this?

I have a cam doing the exact same thing. What version is your MCU Firmware? I'm using the latest available on their website:

System Version2.812.0000012.0.R, Build Date: 2021-09-04
PTZ Version2.401.0000001.11.RHNAN_210903_39102

I am using a Unifi USW-8-Lite-POE to power it, which should have plenty of power.

It reboots immediately when starting to auto track, sounds like a common issue with these cameras.

Curious if your new firmware fixed it completely. A POE Injector is a poor solution as I lose the management of the USW-8-Lite-POE.

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here:

Device Type DH-SD5A225XA-HNR
System Version V2.812.0000012.0.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2021-09-04
WEB Version V3.2.1.1114120
ONVIF Version 20.06(V2.9.0.979397)
PTZ Version V2.401.0000001.16.RHNAN_211118_39731

I have a custom MCU FW from Dahua which seems to indeed cure this problem completely. I asked if they will put it public but answer was "not yet".

I can give you a download link in private message, but update with your own risk. My client updated one of his SD5A445XA-HNR and it works fine also without reboots now.

Reaction score
Here:

Device Type DH-SD5A225XA-HNR
System Version V2.812.0000012.0.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2021-09-04
WEB Version V3.2.1.1114120
ONVIF Version 20.06(V2.9.0.979397)
PTZ Version V2.401.0000001.16.RHNAN_211118_39731

I have a custom MCU FW from Dahua which seems to indeed cure this problem completely. I asked if they will put it public but answer was "not yet".

I can give you a download link in private message, but update with your own risk. My client updated one of his SD5A445XA-HNR and it works fine also without reboots now.
Would you send me the firmware that worked for you? I sent you a PM about it.

Device TypeDH-SD5A225XA-HNR
System VersionV2.812.0000032.2.R, Build Date: 2022-08-04
WEB VersionV3.2.1.1283440.P9
ONVIF Version21.12(V3.1.0.1207744)
PTZ VersionV2.401.0000001.11.RHNAN_210903_39102
Security Baseline VersionV2.2

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I suggest all having this problem to contact and make a ticket. Seems that almost after a year they haven't updated the public PTZ firmware that can be downloaded in their web page.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest all having this problem to contact and make a ticket. Seems that almost after a year they haven't updated the public PTZ firmware that can be downloaded in their web page.
While it is a great suggestion, you have to remember that the homeowner isn't the Hikvision and Dahua target audience, it is the professional installers, so we cannot purchase directly and thus they will not take your phone call for support related questions or suggestions - they will tell you to talk to the installer you purchased from. Many people have bought a Hikvision or Dahua from Amazon or some shady foreign website and when they call Hikvision or Dahua for support they basically tell them to go pound salt. We simply are not their intended market to sell to and they will not take your call for support...Lot's of threads here confirming this, including one from a few months ago where someone tried to call for support and they told them sorry talk to your installer....

We are just fortunate to be able to get our hands on these types of cameras and a forum like this to help us troubleshoot when needed.

We have noticed a recent trend of them removing the firmware links from their website. I suspect they quit putting firmware out on their website because too many people are purchasing Chinese hacked cameras or fake Dahua cams and then bricking them when they try to update the firmware and then they have to field complaints and phone calls.

So now, they can simply tell people to go to the installer they purchased the camera from if they want a firmware update.

Reaction score
Ok so I think I have an official MCU firmware to solve the problem!!!

General_SD5AXXX-HN_MCU_V2.401.0000001.25.R.220318

So far no crashes at 100% beam power with standard Tp-LINK TL-SG1008P on AWG32 cable.
Im SO happy

I will share with anyone who wants it :) PM me

Reaction score
Ok so I think I have an official MCU firmware to solve the problem!!!

General_SD5AXXX-HN_MCU_V2.401.0000001.25.R.220318

So far no crashes at 100% beam power with standard Tp-LINK TL-SG1008P on AWG32 cable.
Im SO happy

I will share with anyone who wants it :) PM me
Hi Caballarius,

Have sent you a PM we are also having the same issue and getting nowhere with tech support. Would love if you could share this with us please :)