dahua sd6ce230u-hni camera doesnt auto track cannot change settings

Rory040

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my ptz which had now firmware v8212 which i donwloaded from dahua but now it looks like not all settings cannot be changed i post screenshots

is it that i have loaded wrong firmware ?

mayb someone can help me out setting up my ptz on a remote connection its not for any use now

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The first thing to do is to use Internet Explorer which is still available in Win10. The "plug in" used for Edge and Chrome are not quite the same thing and Dahua cameras are sensitive to what browser is used. If, for some reason, you can't use Internet Explorer try using Pale Moon browser in the 32 bit version.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Be aware that Dahua has been removing auto tracking from the older 2MP, 1/2.8" sensor, cameras to force you to upgrade to newer more expensive cameras. Upgrading can be a risky option if everything is already working properly.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thinking it will be better gets you in trouble..

You really need to be asking yourself why are you updating? If it is just for grins and giggles or OCD behavior to be running the latest firmware, think twice.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need or bricks the camera. In most instances, updates are simply security vulnerability patches (usually years after the breach was found), but since we do not give our cameras internet access, the update is useless to us.

Here are issues I have seen people report here where they were upgrading just for the sake of upgrading:
  • A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind.
  • The Dahua 49225 and 49425 PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind,
  • The Hikvision DS-2DEA425IW-DW PTZ that loses autotracking with an update comes to mind.
  • A Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen.
  • A Hikvision ANPR DS-2CD4A26FWD camera that lost all ability to read plates - kinda makes the camera useless.
  • A Hikvision camera that the user lost ability to control the LED light function at night.
  • A Hikvision wifi camera that loses the ability to use wifi after a firmware update.
  • Countless other instances where the camera or NVR simply bricked and became useless.
  • Countless examples where the camera or NVR went into Chinese.
Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1642062778963.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't feel too bad, you're far from the first person to find this out and sure won't be the last. Glad you got it back to where you want it.

Rory040

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes thanks for that but the issue is still remaining if i add plan i should see presets right ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to create a preset first. Then you should be able to (providing that camera has autotrack)

Rory040

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
can you help me out how to do that then ?
camera has auto track for sure if follows but i should have more options is there a possability you help me on remote or someone

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It may be different on this camera, but this is the general concept on other Dahua PTZs:

First use Internet Explorer as this camera more than most will not hold or show all settings in other browsers. You may not see all the settings in Chrome.

You will not see anything in the settings called AutoTrack.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then select the object filters you want.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

Leave min size as 0,0

Make sure that Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off.

I repeat, make sure Motion Detection and Smart Motion Detection are turned off LOL.

1642468025497.png

If you do not have the above screen with the Tracking Target Size, then you have a version without autotrack.

Rory040

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
cannot find the sceen for presets to add the option after that is empty

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Go to "PTZ" then "Function" and under "Preset" add a Preset there of the location you want to cover. Then follow wittaj's post

Rory040

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes how to add location to cover do i need to set my camera there with ptz left right then save ?

Jolino

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like your PTZ doesent have the auto track function.

Should have the Deep IVS menu
I take a printscreen from mine..

Attachments