Dahua smart pss + pc-nvr on windows 10 + gdmss

motion

n3wb
Reaction score
I have installed Smart PSS and PC-NVR in a computer with Windows 10 with the static IP 192.168.46.170. As i can see Smart PSS only doesn't listen on any port, but when i install the PC-NVR too, the PC-NVR is listening on localhost at port 37777. then i put the mobile phone with GDMSS Lite pointing to 192.168.46.170:37777 and then i could see all the cameras. The problem is that this works with admin/admin, if i change the admin password in Smart PSS i and to put the pass to access the cameras but PC-NVR is still working as admin/admin and i couldn't fine any place where i could change the password for PC-NVR. Is possible to use the SMART-PSS + PC-NVR to connect from GDMSS o other Smart-PSS or i should to put each IP of every IP Camera inside GDMSS? this program doesnt have any web server, or may be i should buy a real NVR than a PC-NVR with this free software.

randyth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I struggled with this aswell.
Just like you I found out that the SmartPPS accounts are just for controlling access to the SmartPPS application.
The PC-NVR is a different part and its username/password remains admin/admin (I have not yet found a way to change. I did see a ini-file with a username/password property in the pc-nvr folder, but it's values seem to be encrypted- it's all numerical).

Last edited by a moderator:

thomaswde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have installed Smart PSS and PC-NVR in a computer with Windows 10 with the static IP 192.168.46.170. As i can see Smart PSS only doesn't listen on any port, but when i install the PC-NVR too, the PC-NVR is listening on localhost at port 37777. then i put the mobile phone with GDMSS Lite pointing to 192.168.46.170:37777 and then i could see all the cameras. The problem is that this works with admin/admin, if i change the admin password in Smart PSS i and to put the pass to access the cameras but PC-NVR is still working as admin/admin and i couldn't fine any place where i could change the password for PC-NVR. Is possible to use the SMART-PSS + PC-NVR to connect from GDMSS o other Smart-PSS or i should to put each IP of every IP Camera inside GDMSS? this program doesnt have any web server, or may be i should buy a real NVR than a PC-NVR with this free software.
I struggled with this aswell.
Just like you I found out that the SmartPPS accounts are just for controlling access to the SmartPPS application.
The PC-NVR is a different part and its username/password remains admin/admin (I have not yet found a way to change. I did see a ini-file with a username/password property in the pc-nvr folder, but it's values seem to be encrypted- it's all numerical).
I installed the QC View version of PC-NVR yesterday and ran into this same problem.
I see the profile.ini file and also another file: /Win32/Config/passwd
In the second file, there are logins defined (admin, 888888, 666666, default).

Maybe we can use the same methods as for Dahua DVRs:
Dahua DVR Authentication Bypass - CVE-2013-6117
Found a solution to the PC-NVR password change issue in version v3.0. Once PC-NVR service is running, check in the system tray of to find the PC-NVR icon. Right click and choose, "Password Setting" to edit and save a new PC-NVR password. If you need to change your default port, there is another right click context menu option for "PC-NVR Setting" which contains the port. Based on everything I've read/seen about this software though, even on a Windows host, I wouldn't suggest forwarding the port out even with a great password. I don't know if it's improved but the guy from depthsecurity.com that fstrife posted showed that a password is a joke on the physical DVR, not optimistic that there's not still some big backdoors on that thing. #VPNlife

teksaport

n3wb
Reaction score
Found a solution to the PC-NVR password change issue in version v3.0. Once PC-NVR service is running, check in the system tray of to find the PC-NVR icon. Right click and choose, "Password Setting" to edit and save a new PC-NVR password. If you need to change your default port, there is another right click context menu option for "PC-NVR Setting" which contains the port. Based on everything I've read/seen about this software though, even on a Windows host, I wouldn't suggest forwarding the port out even with a great password. I don't know if it's improved but the guy from depthsecurity.com that fstrife posted showed that a password is a joke on the physical DVR, not optimistic that there's not still some big backdoors on that thing. #VPNlife
Hi thomaswde, What do you mean by version 3? My PC-NVR version downloaded from dahua and installed a week ago is only 2.144. It does not have any option to change the NVR admin password. It only has the user/pass fields for if you want it to auto login your windows. I'm in an office with other users and don't want them to be using the NVR for their own purposes and having a default user/pass is horrible security.
Thanks