Dahua Smart PSS PC-NVR

Reaction score
Hi, is there anyone here that can maybe assist me with PC-NVR. I have been trying to get it to record locally but to no avail. I can also not find anything other than the simple setup.

I have 3x Dahua HDCVI DVRs setup in a local area. they are connected via an outdoor wireless system (Ubiquity AirmaX). All cameras are setup on SMART PSS, are visible and can be accessed and configured remotely. In other words everything works 100%. EXCEPT PC-NVR.

I open PC-NVR, add remote devices and cameras, setup disc management to a spare 2TB drive labeled as D:\, Change record plan to record permanently. And that is it, not recording ever happens. I have gone as far as to add PC-NVR as a device in MART PSS and all the cameras assigned to PC-NVR display fine in LIVEVIEW. I can even click on the recorder icon in the displayed video window and it records that specific camera to D:\. But it will not automatically record. What am i doing wrong?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
usually you want yellow and red also scheduled, as it might be detecting motion or in alarm constantly and thus never go into normal.. it dont take up any extra space, it just cuts it into clips and marks motion and alarms on the timeline durring playback, which you'll want w/continuous recording.

Reaction score
Unfortunately enabling MD does not help either. These cameras are all situated outside close to a wet land, That means many, many, many insects that constantly trigger MD. Hence the reason I don't activate it.

As can be seen from image no 4 below, when searching on local device it simply says no records found. I basically just want to record the sub-stream to a local PC for easier and faster playback viewing. If something is found one can download the main-stream from the DVR.

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG 5.PNG

Reaction score
It have figured it out:
PC-NVR's data is not searched under "LOCAL" but under "DEVICE". Although it is saved on the local hard drive.

I) PC-NVR (or the local PC) has to be added as a device in SMART PSS (the same as any other DVR)
1.PNG

II) When "PLAYBACK", the cameras in PC-NVR have to be selected (not from the device they are connected to)
3.PNG

III) Playback is done from "DEVICE" and not "LOCAL"

The only thing now is to get it to record SUB-TtREAM only