Dahua SMD car parked in driveway?

blakehaas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Synology continually updates their surveillance station and now they support dahua SMD event detection for people and cars.

I currently have an amcrest camera flashed with dahua fw and I have IVS tripwire setup and it detects about 85 - 90% of what I want.
I am curious though if SMD people and car detection are better (reliable day and night) than IVS. Another thing I was curious about was if the car detection will constantly trigger for say a parked car in the driveway or if it is smarter than that?

I was looking at the model N45DJ62 or the cheaper N43AJ52.

IGx89

n3wb
Reaction score
A bit late of reply, but I recently bought the N43AJ52 (because it was one of the only black eyeball cameras I could find) and can confirm that SMD works well with vehicle and people detection. My camera is pointed at my driveway and only triggers smart motion events when a car/person is moving.

Have you continued to be pleased with Synology? I'm doing a ton of research to identify a cheap NVR/VMS solution that supports Dahua SMD and that sounds really appealing. As far as I've been able to ascertain, my other top two candidates (iSpy Connect and Blue Iris) don't support SMD.

IGx89

n3wb
Reaction score
BTW I also have Dahua SMD working with Apple HomeKit, sending me motion alerts (with thumbnail images) only when a vehicle or person is moving. If anyone's interested in learning more how I set that up just let me know and I can write up more details.

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BTW I also have Dahua SMD working with Apple HomeKit, sending me motion alerts (with thumbnail images) only when a vehicle or person is moving. If anyone's interested in learning more how I set that up just let me know and I can write up more details.
Please share!