Dahua Starlight fixed lens camera no display

slowhand23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello All, need a little help with a new install I'm supporting. Ran into a problem with this camera and a 5216-16P NVR. Camera worked initially, then was unplugged to move the location by about 10 feet using the same wire. When hooked everything back up, NVR didn't see the camera at all.

* Removed camera and hooked up to NVR with known good cable with same result.
* Performed a camera reset and NVR recognized camera but says offline, see screenshot below.
* Note in screenshot camera #6 is green but changes back to red soon after pic was taken. IP address and port don't look right but not sure how to correct... all other cams were plug and play.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After the reset you need to re-ip the camera before it will work with your NVR currently that camera is set to the 192.168.1 subnet were the rest of your cameras are on the 10.1.1 subnet. I usually change the IP of one of my PCs to the 192.168.1 subnet to connect to the camera and set the password and IP/SM/DG then switch it back when after hitting save on the camera. If your cameras are plugged directly into your NVR you may need to move the camera to a POE switch that is on the same subnet as your PC or move your PC temporarily to an NVR port if your NVR uses a different subnet for the cameras then your PCs are on. I don't use an NVR but BI but getting the IP changed on the camera should be the same either way.

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@slowhand23
From the "Camera Registration" screen, you should delete the cam "192.168.1.126" from "Added Device". Hit Device Search button on the top screen. Select the new cam from the top screen. If the cam needs initiation, do that. Hit Modify IP and assign an IP to the cam.

slowhand23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply @Terk & @nymphaeles ! Unfortunately, the camera went offline again before we could try the suggestion. Replaced with a another new Starlight 3.6 from @EMPIRETECANDY and problem went away. Reset the problem cam and tried with a different NVR (5208-8P) but same results, device search doesn’t find it.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply @Terk & @nymphaeles ! Unfortunately, the camera went offline again before we could try the suggestion. Replaced with a another new Starlight 3.6 from @EMPIRETECANDY and problem went away. Reset the problem cam and tried with a different NVR (5208-8P) but same results, device search doesn’t find it.
Try to open the camera to check if any connecting cables loosen, seems the camera not power well.

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@slowhand23
The problem seems to be with the cam. I would try to reset to the firmware for the cam to factory default first to rule out all software issues. If that doesn't help, the cam is faulty in hardware.

slowhand23

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Thanks for the response Andy! I already checked for loose cables when I had camera apart to access reset button but all ok. I think the camera has a problem, please contact me to arrange a replacement.