- Jan 30, 2017
- Reaction score
Due to very bad weather and a lot of work and some data loss, my review took a way longer than expected.
After testing this cam for a few days now, I hopefully got most weather and light conditions to compare with the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE.
Because of the upload limitation I will cut it in multiple posts.
At first the specs and unboxing of the IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE which have been kindly provided by @EMPIRETECANDY for reviewing it in comparison with the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE.
- 1/2.8” 2Megapixel progressive scan STARVIS™ CMOS
- H.265&H.264 triple-stream encoding
- Smart detection supported
- WDR(120dB), Day/Night(ICR), 3DNR,AWB,AGC,BLC
- Multiple network monitoring: Web viewer, CMS(DSS/PSS) & DMSS
- 2.8mm fixed lens (3.6mm,6mm optional)
- Built-in Mic
- Max. IR LEDs Length 50m
- Micro SD memory, IP67
- ePoE (Extended PoE with up to 800m)
Quick Start Guide: http://dahuasecurity.com/download/DH-IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE_QuickStartGuide__201706262.pdf
Operating Manual: http://dahuasecurity.com/download/DH-IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE_Operation_Manual__201706262.pdf
Wall mount: PFA204W
Junction box: PFA139
Pole mount: PFA152-E
The IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE came in an unobstrusive, brown box, like all the generic / OEM Cams from Dahua usually do.
The included accessories are as usual too.
- Wrench to dismount / adjust the cam within it’s mount
- Stick for drilling the mounting holes
- Quick start guide
- Compact Disc
- Screws and anchors
- Waterproof connection kit for the network cable
- And of course the camera
Sometimes size matters. And if it does for you, you might take a look at this model. Compared to the varifocal HDW5231R-ZE it is a tiny cam which might fit better in some situations or places.
The cam came with the firmware version 2.460.0000.14.R, Build Date: 2017-07-20