Dahua Technology 49425XBNR 4MP vs Hikvision DarkFighter DS-2DE4225W-DE 2MP

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is the same thing as the 49225 except it is 4MP instead of 2MP. I have both.

Basically since they are on the same sensor (1/2.8") the 2MP will perform better at night.

But the 49225 with autotracking are all sold out and you cannot buy it anywhere but used now with autotracking, so you buy the 49425 or go up $340 to the next autotracking PTZ.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm checking with Andy to see if the 49425 as the auto tracking and in stock, he made it sound like it was but am double checking.

Where this camera will be, is placed out back where there's no light other than when the security lights turn on. It would be nice to have it see decent in those settings but I realize that any camera in that setting may not be the best.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah he is the only vendor that still has it with autotracking. If it is on Amazon, then he has it. I believe he won't be selling the 49225/49425 model without autotracking.

In that case your camera would probably be using infrared anyway, so you would be fine.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking at the 49425, is there not a shield/dome over the camera? Is it removed for the promotional videos? If not, wouldn't ice jam the moving parts?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is no dome or cover.

It runs hot so I don't think that would be an issue, but you could always make one.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is no dome or cover.

It runs hot so I don't think that would be an issue, but you could always make one.
I guess I'll find out this winter... :) I see that it's rated for cold weather. I asked Andy if it is the ArticPro.
ArcticPro
The Dahua ArcticPro Series of extreme-environment cameras combine temperature-tolerant components, a waterproof enclosure, and an integrated heater to ensure flawless operation in temperatures as low as –40° C (–40° F). For applications that demand high-resolution video with advanced features in extremely cold environments, the Dahua ArcticPro Series offers a camera to satisfy the most demanding requirements.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
While browsing the camera settings, in the OSD, there's an option to display the temperature. It reads at 105F, currently it's set up in the basement until I can get up on the side of the house. Obviously that is off by a lot. Assuming that I need to connect a reader to it? I couldn't find it in the manual on what it is for.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is the internal temp of the camera not the ambient outdoor temp.

Yes they run hot which is why they are usually ok in the winter lol.

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess so... that's safe, even during the summer> Granted there's more moving air outside.