DAHUA TECHNOLOGY TO SELL LOREX TO SKYWATCH

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
If the products are produced by Dahua, it does not matter who owns it, by NDAA rules, it would still be banned. For example, until recently Honeywell relablled Dahua and those were NDAA banned even though the name on the box was Honeywell.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, I understand that Lorex cameras are currently not NDAA compliant due to being Dahua-manufactured. Amcrest has apparently also confirmed their products aren't NDAA compliant either (see Edit below for source).

Skywatch, (a Taiwan company) bought Lorex for the primary purpose of entering the North American market. Skywatch currently partners with Vivotek, who makes cameras that are NDAA compliant.

So will they turn to other manufacturers for future Lorex cameras or just be content to not sell to US federal agencies is the question. This new ownership probably puts Lorex in a better marketing position than before in any case.

EDIT: Adding a source/link to the Amcrest statement (which oddly never mentions Dahua!)

An Amcrest representative told The Intercept in an email that “Amcrest cameras and security products are conceptualized and designed by Amcrest in Houston, TX,” and that “Amcrest works with various contract manufacturers from around the world (Mexico and China) to complete the design, assembly, and physical manufacturing processes.” The representative confirmed that its wares are not NDAA compliant, meaning they can’t legally be sold to the federal government.

Last edited: