Dahua Thermals

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
dunno how realistic that price is with a UK retailer, i mean that black face dahua for €949.08 ($1043) can be had from US retailers for $800 and direct from china for $~500

I suspect ~$2500 wholesale for a 720p thermal, they are coming down fast.. $50k for a thermal down to $20k and now a couple grand within a decade... probably got another couple years before these start being geared for consumer use.

Expensive for us perhaps, but when you think $2500 to guard property worth 10x that; it starts becoming a pretty reasonable trade off.. I have to imagine using video motion with thermals is vastly more successful at notifications... not just recordings.. that capture of a cemi truck being stolen, one of these could reliably notify the property owners someone is there without really any false alarms or complicated arrays of sensors and lights.. with a wide view of the lot and some good motion processing tuned in you could reliably detect the presence of 2 legged creatures instantly.

Probably going to need new motion routines for thermal cameras, im sure BlueIris will have a heat map and limb tracking function sooner or later :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thats awesome! Cant wait till those are affordable for the average Joe! Thatll be sweet!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently FLIR sells dahuas, mebe they let them have access to some of there IP.. was just looking at a FLIR yesterday and with a mere 640x480 resolution and 38mm lens it had a reported human detection range of 5000ft, and vehicles like 3x that range.. it was $32k tho

So if we can grab one of these for a couple grand, fuck yeah.