Dahua - time stamp challenge (gremlins at work)

heitjer

n3wb
Reaction score
There are two cameras that hold the date and time correct and the others revert automatically to some other time zones. I use the sync NTP with time servers and I use my own NPT server to sync time. Even if I use sync PC the cameras bounce back to their own default timezone after a while.

My Dahua fleet of cameras:
  • 1 x WIDI210 T_D00426 :)), holds NTP setting and time) -- 2.210.0001.0.R, build : 2013-05-17 -- WIDI210TZC3KX027D00426
  • 2 x WIIR41ST_W00171 (2x) :)mad-new:, both cameras go to GMT+08:00 all the time, un-checks NTP Setup automatically) -- 2.420.0002.0.R, build : 2014-06-21 -- WIIR41STZC4GX029W00171 & WIIR41STZC4GX029W00071
  • 1 x PZC4GX204W00084 :)mad-new:, goes to GMT+08:00 all the time, un-checks NTP Setup automatically) -- 2.212.0000.4.R, build : 2014-03-07 -- PZC4GX204W00084
  • 1 x TZC4CA225W00025 :)), holds NTP setting and time) -- 2.210.0000.9.R, build : 2013-12-17 -- TZC4CA225W00025
  • I also have one HikVision DS-2CD2332-I :)mad-new: this one also goes to a different time and sets itself back to manual).

My logical mind says that I should upgrade the firmware. I just can't find the right version for the cameras and I am afraid to brick them as many others have done before me.

Can someone please advise what I can do here?

heitjer

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a NVR trying to also set time and fighting your NTP Server.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What NVR are you using.
If you have to NVR's they may do this.
Check the "general" settings section for a chk box that tells the NVR to control ip cam time stamp.

heitjer

n3wb
Reaction score
What NVR are you using.
I am using an 8 channel ION Nelly Security NVR.

Check the "general" settings section for a chk box that tells the NVR to control ip cam time stamp.
I assume you mean at the camera? There is no check box associated with a NVR setting. Snapshot was taken 18:27 not 07:27. As I said the camera always goes back to GMT +08:00 and automatically un-checks the NTP box. FYI - the 192.168.1.100 address points to my Synology server who has a NTP server active. If I would change this to the government website the same thing would happen.
WIIR41ST_W00171.png

I also checked all the settings on the NVR. I can not find anything in there that would tell me that this is driving a camera. I would not see how because the NVR does not know the log in.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the NVR controls the cameras via ONVIF, and they set the time.. if it has a login to get the video stream, it has a login to change the time on the cameras remotely.

My Dahua NVR was doing the same shit, until I unchecked IPC Time Sync

before I got my Dahua NVR I had a 3rd party NVR I was not using for recording, only for displaying the streams via HDMI.. it did not have an option to disable the time control and I was forced to disable all of it on the cameras and let the NVR do it.. or else they were fighting eachother.. iirc all the cameras had to be set to GMT, no NTP and I set the timezone on the NVR.

Attachments

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"sync to NTP" needs chkd if you want it to sync to your NTP server. Then click save and confirm before closing window.
Also clik sync PC if you want it to sync to your PC then clik save.

Make sure you see "settings saved" at bottom before leaving that screen.

As for NVR, I assumed you were using a dahua NVR. I'm not sure which you linked but I think yours is a "hikvision" NVR. Just renamed by the distributor. I may be wrong.

heitjer

n3wb
Reaction score
"sync to NTP" needs chkd if you want it to sync to your NTP server. Then click save and confirm before closing window.
Also clik sync PC if you want it to sync to your PC then clik save.

Make sure you see "settings saved" at bottom before leaving that screen.
I do this all the time.... but after 5 or 6 minutes it mysteriously un-checks itself and the time changes back. I focus the investigation now to the NVR as nayr suggested.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nayr. I don't think 3rd party really matters. I have a dahua7416 and a 4416-4k and with both connected some would sync to 1 or the other and all would drift 2-+ min every 30 days. No NTP sync only sync to my PC was used.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you dont sync it with something, either NTP server or NVR, they will surely drift.. the real time clocks on these microcontrollers are not horribly accurate, they dont need to be since its presumed they will have access to an external time source.

takes a pretty high quality crystal to keep time drift to a minimum, and even then it will still drift with enough time.

heitjer

n3wb
Reaction score
My Dahua NVR was doing the same shit, until I unchecked IPC Time Sync
Found it...
IMG_2657.JPG

In this NVR this feature is under the DIGITAL sub screen where you set up the cameras. I set each (!!!) camera to "Off" and now the time is served from the NTP server and the cameras don't change back.

nayr - you are a savior! Thanks!

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello guys ... I am happy I can find this post because I have the almost exact same issue, but I do not have any NVR ...

I got my Dahua IC-BW8200 yesterday and configured few basic things like the SMTP mail to try sending mails.
What I see is that mails are sent straight after the trigger, but the "reception date" of the mail is always 6 hours behind ...

I have reset settings of the camera and I see the GMT is set to GMT +08:00 ... set it back to GMT +02:00 like my computer etc ... but mails are always sent showing a 6 hours difference ...

any idea what it could be or shoud I suppose installing a new firmware ?!?