Dahua Tioc 2.0 crashing NVR

Carahi

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

First time posting here. I have recently upgraded 1 of my cameras to the new Dahua TIOC 2 series 180 degree. I previously had a 1.0 series but didn’t like the fact that the camera didn’t have IR and the LED always needed to be on, the neighbour was also complaining. The new TIOC 2 is detected by the NVR and initially seems happy, the trip wires work etc. At some point it crashes my NVR. I am not sure why and when this happens, whether it is an event that has occurred, etc. The NVR then stops recording and just freezes. The cameras are still on and the notifications work to my phone. I disconnected the new TIOC 2 and the system is stable and doesn’t crash, so it’s definetly the new TIOC 2 camera. My NVR model is a few years old, model no. DHI-NVR5832-16P-4KS2E. Any ideas, is there a software patch, anything I can do? Otherwise I’m looking at a new NVR.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How many cameras are on the NVR? Are you approaching the bandwidth of the NVR?

Try H264 with no codec at 15 FPS

If that doesn't do it, I would suggest a factory reset of the camera in the event the firmware got wonky.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It shouldnt/ I have the 16 channel version of that, a number of them actually and no issue like that

How do you know the NVR is "crashing"?
Can you log into the web interface of the NVR?
Can you search playback and see if it was recording during this time? What indicates the NVR crashing?

Carahi

n3wb
Reaction score
It shouldnt/ I have the 16 channel version of that, a number of them actually and no issue like that

How do you know the NVR is "crashing"?
Can you log into the web interface of the NVR?
Can you search playback and see if it was recording during this time? What indicates the NVR crashing?
Hi, wow such fast replies!
In answer to your questions:
I can log into the web interface of the new camera, it does look different to what I am used to.
I can’t search playback as it stops recording at the time of the crash looking at the playback schedule.
When I say crash it’s on, the screen is unresponsive and the cameras are on the last image at the time of the crash. Nothing can remedy the situation except resetting the NVR.

Carahi

n3wb
Reaction score

If that doesn't do it, I would suggest a factory reset of the camera in the event the firmware got wonky.
Ok thanks will update the settings and get back to you! Thanks!

Carahi

n3wb
Reaction score
O

Well it appears I am defeated. I have tried the following and my NVR is still freezing when the TIOC 2 camera is connected:
  • changed to H264
  • changed to H264B
  • lowered frame rate
  • stopped AI codec
  • hard reset on camera in case of wonky software
  • increase router port speed

At this stage after hours and hours of investigating what are my options? I am thinking of running the TIOC 2 seperate from the NVR and recording on a SD card. Can that be done?

If any of you have any more ideas I am all ears. I think my NVR is just too old and can’t keep up wit the 4K camera. Also planning to add a ptz next week so I may be pushing my luck :)

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
doesn’t crash, so it’s definetly the new TIOC 2 camera. My NVR model is a few years old, model no. DHI-NVR5832-16P-4KS2E. Any ideas, is there a software patch, anything I can do? Otherwise I’m looking at a new NVR.
NVR 5xxx-4ks2 is obsolete..
You can try update firmware on NVR to latest one (Index of /Firmware/Rejestratory/NVR/NVR5xxx-4KS2), but the latest firmware is from 2022..

If this will not help - the solution is to buy a new modern NVR from Dahua (5xxx-EI series)..

Dahua did many changes in latest cams in last year - new UI, new features, new protocols..
Many of them are not supported by old NVR (or old versions of Dahua apps)..

Carahi

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR 5xxx-4ks2 is obsolete..
You can try update firmware on NVR to latest one (Index of /Firmware/Rejestratory/NVR/NVR5xxx-4KS2), but the latest firmware is from 2022..

If this will not help - the solution is to buy a new modern NVR from Dahua (5xxx-EI series)..

Dahua did many changes in latest cams in last year - new UI, new features, new protocols..
Many of them are not supported by old NVR (or old versions of Dahua apps)..
Thanks! I literally just updated the bin file before you posted. Seems to be working. I’ll let you know in the morning. Not to fussed about all the AI, as long as it records and the alerts work without crashing. You can’t keep up with tech without going broke

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
My old 5216-16P-4KS2E is running new 4K cameras just fine. I wouldnt trash it just yet.;)

The new 5xxx-EI series NVRs do have more bells and whistles, but only if you're going to actually use them.
AI on the recorder is the big thing, but as we're using mostly cameras with their own AI, its less of a critical feature.
Also all should be aware that when you enable AI on the new NVRs you lose almost 1/2 of the incoming bandwidth capacity.

Carahi

n3wb
Reaction score
My old 5216-16P-4KS2E is running new 4K cameras just fine. I wouldnt trash it just yet.;)

The new 5xxx-EI series NVRs do have more bells and whistles, but only if you're going to actually use them.
AI on the recorder is the big thing, but as we're using mostly cameras with their own AI, its less of a critical feature.
Also all should be aware that when you enable AI on the new NVRs you lose almost 1/2 of the incoming bandwidth capacity.
Couldn’t agree more, nice to have all the bells and whistles only if you use them. Stoked that I solved the problem, the blooming bin file!! Last update was 2018, no wonder!

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are lucky man...
5xxx-4KS2 (and 4xxx-4KS2) are very special line of NVR line..

Released in 2017 (if I remember correctly), around 2019 upgraded by firmware to new UI and AI functionality, and supported with new firmware released up to almost 2023..

I don't remember any other Dahua product which had that long time (6 years) of production and full support (with receiving a new features)..

Most other lines (NVR, cams, PTZ) have 2-3 year cycle..

Carahi

n3wb
Reaction score
You are lucky man...
5xxx-4KS2 (and 4xxx-4KS2) are very special line of NVR line..

Released in 2017 (if I remember correctly), around 2019 upgraded by firmware to new UI and AI functionality, and supported with new firmware released up to almost 2023..

I don't remember any other Dahua product which had that long time (6 years) of production and full support (with receiving a new features)..

Most other lines (NVR, cams, PTZ) have 2-3 year cycle..
Thanks Steve, I purchased top of the line at the time. Unfortunately it sat in the box for 2 years before I got around to doing it. The NVR runs like a dream with a 10tb hdd. I’ve has no issues with it, glad to see it is compatible with the latest cameras.

mocckba

n3wb
Reaction score
hi! i install cameras, but looks very terrible- as fish eye. how to setup for normal view?