Dahua Tioc Alarm and voice over POE?

Archy54

n3wb
Reaction score
Few questions over Dahua TIOC Advanced 2.0 DH-IPC-HDW3549HP-AS-PV-0280B-S3 Dahua 5MP AI Active Deterrence Full color Starlight IP Turret Camera. Can all of the functions be used over just POE, so alarm, lights, 2 way voice, AI wizsense.

Hoping to use Home Assistant running frigate NVR + a 24/7 NVR and just a single poe cable per camera. Thought the deterrence might be cool.

Can they output a signal to turn on a seperate IR flood or not needed?

And would anyone happen to know if frigate NVR can do the tripwire setup, alarms, etc and utilize wizsense (eg recording to text file a number plate with timestamp). I'll be adding a coral AI to it when I set it up.

I'm hoping I don't have to setup ESP home esp32's on each camera to utilize these features, that would be annoying. Also hoping to bypass the need for the dahua NVR although I'm unsure if the dahua NVR hides the subnet (which would make it difficult for me to stream to home assistant via something like onvif/rtsp). I've seen the HACS addon for dahua so hoping it can all be done via poe. I'm on a limited income so buying to test is a bit tricky, I wanna save for an 8cam setup and along the track maybe 2cam wifi for a chook coop for fun, can run a 16-24 port poe switch if needed.

If anyone knows best bang for buck cameras such as tioc or ai compatible dahua preferably, doorbell with 2way. On a fixed budget due to disability but I am a techhead so can usually figure things out if given the chance. Looking to utilize home assistant (the home automation software) plus coral ai (AI tensor chip for inference speeds) and I can probably figure out how to get the automations setup to alert me, record, etc. Partly security and partly a hobby to get my mind off stuff, hoping I get healthy enough to work in the field eventually although I dunno if there's much demand for remote work. Just for curiosity sake I run the home automation on proxmox virtual environment in VM and addons in LXC's or VMs, eventually will have high availability and backup as long as say my POE zigbee coordinator stays stable (sadly I think zigbee hasn't got redudancy for the coordinator although I'm kinda wondering if I can clone the IEEEaddress to another to quickly swapout if it dies. I'll probably block in opnsense firewall the cameras access to internet if there's some legit issue of hacking, spying, unless it's needed for AI.

Thanks for your time, and ya'll do the lords work in keeping our homes safe.

Also generally curious if frigate nvr is as good as blueiris, main issue I'm curious about with blue iris is does it have a lot of overhead as a vm for a delloptiplex and can it use coral ai.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just installed a tioc ptz and was disappointed to learn that it doesn’t have a mic. Customer didn’t care about being able to hear, only yell at someone so not a big deal.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I find the Dahua plugin available for Home Assistant seems to be a little unmaintained.

I tried my TiOC camera with the Home Assistant plugin and it worked great. Arming/disarming, siren and light could be activated. But when I put the camera on my NVR's POE switch the plugin did not detect the camera was capable of a siren/light... even though the same API command works in a web browser.
Similar cases have happened to me with the Dahua plugin detecting my thermal cameras 'hot spot' sensor and other times it does not.

I think @runraid is the person behind https://github.com/rroller/dahua

Archy54

n3wb
Reaction score
The rroller is what I'll probably use n thinking of going custom NVR with poe switch. Should I get alarm cable 6 core sent to each cam? Just in case. Also will be looking at hopefully ZigBee controlled ir and normal flood lights. Can't find a ip68 ZigBee pir sensor though. Just button cell stuff. Won't go to crazy but I'd like one flood light normal to come on both as always on if I tell it to in home assistant and also sensor mode. 100w led floodlights which are super bright. I'm a night owl so sometimes it's for me to walk to shed but also just to be cautious as thefts have happened. My shed will have apoe camera as it's got expensive wood working stuff. And sensor on each door to know if it's open. Maybe setup some sirens to alert me and deter. I really like the idea of talking thru the cam as it's handy for delivery n guests. I'll be using backup strategies where I can. Chook cam sounds interesting to stream to YouTube. I've been loving home assistant ever since I got past the pain of yaml. Thanks

Reaction score
although I'm unsure if the dahua NVR hides the subnet
There’s always the option of running the NVR in bridge mode which basically turns it into a PoE switch and allows the cameras to be on the same subnet as the lan port. In this case you still have a functional NVR but are also able to use any PoE device so long as you stay within the power and bandwidth limits of the NVR