Dahua TiOC Camera

elecpurch

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Dahua TiOC Camera (DH-IPC-HDW3549HP-AS-PV-0280B) which has audio siren/alarm and warning light. I've noticed that for IVS and Motion detect I can control the warning light with schedules but not the audio siren. Anyone know if this is possible? I'd like to have motion detect enabled all the time but have the siren and the warning light scheduled for a certain period. I can't find the "Period Setting" for the Audio Linkage (in Red on the attached Image). The one in Blue is for the warning light.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do not use the Motion Detection screen. Uncheck that box.

Then set up Smart Plan for IVS and then use the IVS settings and you can set time periods in there for when you want the siren and warning light. I have an IVS rule for the daytime and one for the nighttime to do just that.

I guess you could also keep using the Motion Detection (but it will detect any motion like leaves, shadows, etc.) and simply set up IVS schedule just for the siren and warning light.

I suspect you would be happier using the IVS instead for motion as it will eliminate almost all false triggers.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Then set up Smart Plan for IVS and then use the IVS settings and you can set time periods in there for when you want the siren and warning light. I have an IVS rule for the daytime and one for the nighttime to do just that.

I guess you could also keep using the Motion Detection (but it will detect any motion like leaves, shadows, etc.) and simply set up IVS schedule just for the siren and warning light.

I suspect you would be happier using the IVS instead for motion as it will eliminate almost all false triggers.
I use this kodel my self and set it with motion detection and smd and i dont get false alarm. It work fine but if you want to set period for the siren you have to set time on disarming section. My self i dont use this and i use the disarm button on the app when i want to arm or disarm.

elecpurch

n3wb
Reaction score
I use this kodel my self and set it with motion detection and smd and i dont get false alarm. It work fine but if you want to set period for the siren you have to set time on disarming section. My self i dont use this and i use the disarm button on the app when i want to arm or disarm.
I've had motion detect and SMD enabled for a week now and no false alarms. I'll check out both suggestions for the siren. How do you disarm from the app? Do I have to add that specific camera and disarm that one or can I control it from the NVR Disarm on the app?

Attachments

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Simply blue up the button from the apo will disarm the siren and light.

elecpurch

n3wb
Reaction score

Thanks, the IVS rule for day and night is a good idea. I'll keep that one in mind.

Mariner31

n3wb
Reaction score
I too had problems with my DH-IPC-HDW3849HP-AS-PV and the active deterrent lights and audio. The problem seems to be the NVR5208-8P-4KS2. Or could it be the camera cant accept commands from the NVR and its not the NVRs fault?

I had programmed the camera, via the NVR, for lights and audio between 6pm - 6am. Between 6am-6pm I wanted no lights and audio during the business day.

After logging directly into the camera web interface, the lights and audio were still set for the entire 24hrs. I guess I've read it here before, always modify your camera via the camera web interface and not the NVR. It's about as much capability as I already had with my POE Switch/ Asustor NAS with surveillance centre software installed.

I do like the convenience of 1 box for POE, storage and HDMI viewing but I wished Dahua products would work as intended/advertised.

Mariner.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, always make changes on the camera itself, especially when using a PoE NVR. I only use the NVR for recording settings.

* also once you make changes on the camera, it’s a good idea to do a reboot the NVR to be certain the two synch.