Dahua Tripwire output

parsec

n3wb
Reaction score
when the Tripwire gets triggered I would like to set on a light. If anyone knows how to go about it can you please post it
thank you
J

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@parsec : have a look at this principe diagram: DahuaWiki

If this is chinese to you, you better call a certified electrician, (s)he can help you out best before you blow up your house :p

Happy Camming!
CC

PS. this does require an NVR/IPC with Alarm OUTPUTs

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Catcamster brings up a good point.
I would like to set on a light
What kind of light?
I use a 12v light. It's a flasher usually used on alarms. Its wired directly to the NVR Alarm Out contacts.

I also use a Smarthings Door Sensor. Instead of a reed switch (which opens/closes with the door), I use the NVR Alarm Out relay. Smartthings door sensor talks to Alexa. When the NVR signals an event (eg: IVS tripwire), Alexa says out loud "Guest in Driveway!" and turns on a regular light (using a WiFi outlet widget)

So tell us more about your camera system, the light, and what you're trying to accomplish.

Fastb

parsec

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR Alarm
I was looking to do something similar for my business, when a customers drives to a pick up section of the parking we like like to get notified inside the shop
I do not use a NVR. I manage the camera via a PC. I was looking to trigger a light that is connected to our Zwave network we do use "Smartthings " for temp control and also use these devises"ControlByWeb | Ethernet I/O for Relay Control and Remote Monitoring" for various monitoring and triggering relays.
I was hopping to find a way to figure it for what I have
thank you

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I suggest a possiblle solution:
re-purpose a sensor, connected to the camera's Alarm Out.
Something like: FAQ: List of devices with dry contact input from external sources
Personally, I use 3 of these: When the cam activates the Alarm Out signal, it will cause the re-purposed door sensor to tell Smartthings & Alexa about the "event". With a Smartthings Automation or with an Alexa Routine, you could turn on a light (plugged into a WiFi outlet) or output audio (bell chime, or verbal announcement)

The above might be easier then using the ControlByWeb devices.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Pantheon

n3wb
Reaction score
Similar setup. Using a DHI-NVR52A08-8P-4KS2 and trying to trigger an alarm and use ST/Konnected/Webcore to announce an alarm. I can get the tripwire to trigger an event. The event shows in the log as a tripwire event. But I cannot get the Alarm Out to trigger. I have both Alarm 1 and 2 enabled under the tripwire page. The alarm is connected as pictured below. I just need the dry contact to close. I don't need a power circuit. I have it connected to my Konnected board as a door sensor. And if the Alarm Out will close, it should trigger my Konnected board as an intrusion. But I cannot get the Alarm Out to trigger. Suggestions?
Dahua Alarm Out.jpg

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The relay outputs are not referenced to ground. They float. They're isolated. You've got two normally-open relay outputs. C=common, N=normally open. The normally closed contact is not wired to the terminal block.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
use a 12v light. It's a flasher usually used on alarms. Its wired directly to the NVR Alarm Out contacts.
Have you wired it directly to Alarm Out without an external PSU as described on DahuaWiki? I was hoping to do that too but thought it wasn’t possible and got discouraged by the extra wiring needed.

Edit: this was my original thread on the topic Connect external siren to camera, PSU needed?

Pantheon

n3wb
Reaction score
The normally closed contact is not wired to the terminal block.
I have been digging through posts, pictures and documents on how to attach a simple trigger wire to the Alarm Output blocks and make the appropriate settings in SmartPSS. For some reason those searches did not produce a working solution. Your comment turned a light on...and it worked. However, I'm still not quite sure why I have to wire to a C and an N to make my trigger work. Nonetheless, this trigger works when connected to my Konnected panel. It triggers a "contact sensor" and I use that trigger in a webcore piston to make an announcement in my house.

thumbnail.jpg

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
C and N are just the two relay contacts that are connected together when the alarm causes the relay to activate. With the NC relay contact not available, it doesn't matter which of the two wires is connected to C or N. It would help if "N" was instead labeled "NO". I think the translation from chinese comes into play with this.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
This is from version 4.3.2 of the NVR manual:

Capture.JPG

The same manual covering what looks like about 100 different models makes it a challenge to find the info for a specific model. "Public end" is totally nonstandard and confusing terminology, at least for US English.

Pantheon

n3wb
Reaction score
So I guess I am not understanding this at all. Please refer to the attached photo. As I understand it, a wire attached to Alarm Output NO1 and a wire attached to ground (and those wires are attached together at the other end) can act as a dry switch circuit. In that, when an alarm occurs, the NO1/ground circuit is internally closed by the NVR. Essentially closing the circuit. So, in my case, I would need a wire attached to NO1 and a wire attached to ground. Then, when an alarm occurs, Alarm Out 1 will be internally connected to the ground, thus closing the circuit. Closing that circuit would essentially act as a dry switch that has closed and would act as a trigger for my Konnected board. But I tried that in my first posted photo and it did not work. Following the same logic, then the reverse happens with 1C, in that the circuit is opened internally when an Alarm Out occurs. Do I have this correct?

Dahua Alarm In Out Wiring Back Panel.png

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
When the alarm is triggered the relay connects "NO" and "C" together. The ground connection has absolutely nothing to do with it. Some other NVRs may have NO and NC terminals that work with respect to ground. "C" and "NC" do not mean the same thing. The statement that "C" means "Normal Close" is a mistake if applied to the current crop of Dahua NVRs. Where is this info from?

Pantheon

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua Network Video Recorder manual v4.3.2, 2018. Your answer explains why I have had trouble getting this to work. Apparently I have been referencing an old manual and Alarm Output is no longer handled as pictured above. What do NO and C stand for now?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Normally Open and Normally Closed when in an idle state.
Normally open means that there is no connection in that state.