Dahua Tripwire output

Reaction score
I was looking to do something similar for my business, when a customers drives to a pick up section of the parking we like like to get notified inside the shop
I do not use a NVR. I manage the camera via a PC. I was looking to trigger a light that is connected to our Zwave network we do use "Smartthings " for temp control and also use these devises"ControlByWeb | Ethernet I/O for Relay Control and Remote Monitoring" for various monitoring and triggering relays.
I was hopping to find a way to figure it for what I have
thank you
since you gots Z-wave and Smart things, the way to go would be setting up MQTT which enables you to trigger/manipulate just about everything. I know Blue Iris program has MQTT support such as: motion detection of customer pulling up to spot, Blue Iris sends MQTT to Smarthings (or Home Assistant...sorry, do not know anything about Smart things), sets off a Zooz z-wave siren and flashing z-wave light bulbs. Could have Blue Iris also send MMS text message with pic to smartphone upon alert.

Janek

n3wb
Reaction score
since you gots Z-wave and Smart things, the way to go would be setting up MQTT which enables you to trigger/manipulate just about everything. I know Blue Iris program has MQTT support such as: motion detection of customer pulling up to spot, Blue Iris sends MQTT to Smarthings (or Home Assistant...sorry, do not know anything about Smart things), sets off a Zooz z-wave siren and flashing z-wave light bulbs. Could have Blue Iris also send MMS text message with pic to smartphone upon alert.
is it possible to have some kind of MQQT trigger from a Dahua NVR or its only possible through BlueIris ?
i would also like to use a tripwire event to trigger some of my shelly devices to turn on lights and other deterrence goodies :)
any ideas how to get some kind of http instruction from my NVR to some mqtt broker, or maybe even directly to my shelly device?
would be the happiest man.

i know i can do it through the physical NVR alarm outputs, but i only have 2, and would like to trigger various events based on which camera triggers and based on the time.
just need to get that http trigger from the NVR, but im afraid i havent seen such option anywhere.
any ideas guys?

Reaction score
is it possible to have some kind of MQQT trigger from a Dahua NVR or its only possible through BlueIris ?
i would also like to use a tripwire event to trigger some of my shelly devices to turn on lights and other deterrence goodies :)
any ideas how to get some kind of http instruction from my NVR to some mqtt broker, or maybe even directly to my shelly device?
would be the happiest man.

i know i can do it through the physical NVR alarm outputs, but i only have 2, and would like to trigger various events based on which camera triggers and based on the time.
just need to get that http trigger from the NVR, but im afraid i havent seen such option anywhere.
any ideas guys?
I would hazard a wild guess and say no to MQTT on any NVR. I could be wrong but...I just do not see NVR companies forward thinking like that.

Janek

n3wb
Reaction score
could it be somehow set up with an email notification and that somehow be processed somehow???
im no MQTT expert or programing guru, but wonder if that could somehow work.
anyone have an idea? :)
thanks

PPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
I think it can work on an NVR + Alarm Box + Smart relay.

I prefer the german siemens logo like PLC smart relay...
another a little simpler and very used in europe is the french scheinder zelio which will be the allen bradley pico in the united states
otherwise arduino + modem ... but hey it's for kids

As for the email notification the NVR does it without processing the data. but what is the point of receiving an email?
a text SMS is more reliable ... because it does not depend on the 3G or 4G network.

Some smart relays or PLCs have this possibility.
But that programming is already getting a bit complex. or dedicate a computer ... but the I do not know.

PPaul

n3wb
Reaction score
I connected the nvr DHI-NVR5216-4KS2 to ARB1606 alarm.
wiring is simple ... only two cables to be connected (A to A) and (B to B)
but I had to update the firmware to make the "alarm box" tab appear in the "alarm in port" menu and the green LED of the ARB1606 lights up.
Now I have 16 additional alarm inputs and 6 alarm outputs.

photogeek54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I connected the nvr DHI-NVR5216-4KS2 to ARB1606 alarm.
wiring is simple ... only two cables to be connected (A to A) and (B to B)
but I had to update the firmware to make the "alarm box" tab appear in the "alarm in port" menu and the green LED of the ARB1606 lights up.
Now I have 16 additional alarm inputs and 6 alarm outputs.
@PPaul I have the NVR5208-4KS2e and have never been able to get my alarm box to work. I have very recent firmware. Have you learned any tricks to get it to work?