Dahua Turret Cam and Junction Box Installation

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't worked with turret camera and junction box before. I have some questions.

1) Can I install the junction box upside down instead of according to the top sign?

2) what can I use to seal the hole where the CAT5e is going thru?

3) does the camera installation looked correct ?

Thanks.

Attachments

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like a PFA130-E junction box.

1. Yes you can. Only problem you could face is if it rains, water will stay on top of the cable gland and find its way in easier.

2. G3/4" cable gland or a reducer from G3/4" to whatever is your preference. Could also screw the cap in the hole and feed the cable through the back

3. Looks fine to me (although personally I'd use a PFB203W, think its more aesthetically pleasing)

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like a PFA130-E junction box.

1. Yes you can. Only problem you could face is if it rains, water will stay on top of the cable gland and find its way in easier.

2. G3/4" cable gland or a reducer from G3/4" to whatever is your preference. Could also screw the cap in the hole and feed the cable through the back

3. Looks fine to me (although personally I'd use a PFB203W, think its more aesthetically pleasing)
Yes, it's the PFA130-E. It's in the front porch, so rain is not an issue.

onyxlinkia

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually I have one PFB203W and felt like it's got more room than junction box because of the design and the shape of it.
Good to know, there are so many options to mount the cameras and I didn't know which ones to choose.