Dahua Ultra Alternative for $160?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No I would not, Quality 1/1.9" Lenses are a fucking fortune and hard to find.

What are you trying to accomplish?

mike123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok I'm just trying to see what options I have for the Ultra. Seems like the only practical option is getting the HFW8232E

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ding ding ding, either that or an Ultra PTZ for $1k or more :p

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you live in China? cause they only ship it domestically

@hmjgriffon just had his Ultra take a shit on him and Andy's warranting it from China w/no hassle or expense.. dont be penny wise and pound foolish.
That's not a good sign....I mean for the Ultra camera...Great that Andy is warranting.
@hmjgriffon you get a new one yet or still in limbo given all the other Dahua backdoor crap going on holding things up.
So,uh, what exactly happens when a camera takes a shit?

@nayr, you done any other testing with the ultra bullet?
I'd like to see some more of how well the SSA works in other environments...darker night with lighting contrasts.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That's not a good sign....I mean for the Ultra camera...Great that Andy is warranting.
@hmjgriffon you get a new one yet or still in limbo given all the other Dahua backdoor crap going on holding things up.
If you search his posts you can find more about this

Last edited:

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

@nayr, you done any other testing with the ultra bullet?
I'd like to see some more of how well the SSA works in other environments...darker night with lighting contrasts.

actually, I don't know that it was my fault, it ran fine for over a week and then I unplugged it, mounted it to my test rig, and when I got ready to test it I plugged it in and nothing. the specs call for <13 watts but it does also say 802.3at, I am almost positive I asked if poe would be fine and was told yes here, but it's possible that it drew more power than that and the heater inside finally killed the camera, I don't know. Either way, if I killed it I killed it, I should have just plugged in poe+ regardless and I have since bought a HiPoe midspan so that never happens again. I am still waiting for the bullet to come back, I sent Andy a PM last friday but he hasn't responded yet, he told me last time he updated me that he was going to lean on them. I am hoping it gets fixed soon so I can use it, and he's sposed to send me a different bracket for my starlight PTZ which I also want to get mounted. If I find out anything else I will let everyone know. I sent him a PM yesterday also in fact but I know he gets tons of them so hopefully soon.