Dahua vs Generic Firmware - Analytics API Difference?

rflagler

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the API used for analytics is functionally identical between the Dahua firmware and the generic ones Andy posts? My VMS (NX Witness/DW Spectrum) supports analytic events for Dahua in their latest beta releases. I noticed on one of my older cameras that when the firmware is flashed to Dahua, the software picks up analytics as expected. If I flash the generic firmware, to that same camera, they are not detected. One of the newer cameras I purchased from Andy only has the generic firmware available, and the analytics won't pick up. Before I go too far down the rabbit hole with support for the VMS, I wanted to verify there is actually no functional difference. My thought is that it's just the method in which they detect the analytics, but I don't actually know. If anyone has more information, I'd appreciate it!

rflagler

n3wb
Reaction score
For anyone curious, it was in fact the method in which my VMS detected the analytics. The firmware seems to be functionally identical other than branding and model information.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for following up. What kind of analytics does it pull? People counting?

rflagler

n3wb
Reaction score
It can tie into nearly every analytic event Dahua supports. It just allows you to trigger actions off of them. I'm using it for line crossing (human/cars), abandoned/disappearing objects.

rflagler

n3wb
Reaction score
Support for my VMS provided me a workaround, but the camera's I'm using are the following.
IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV
IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E

Another thing I noticed with the HDW52341H-AS-PV is I can't get either NX Witness or TinyCam to do audio out via the speaker. Is this a known issue or does it work differently than it previously has in the past? Just wondering if the software needs updated.

jack7

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Support for my VMS provided me a workaround, but the camera's I'm using are the following.
IPC-HDW5241H-AS-PV
IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E

Another thing I noticed with the HDW52341H-AS-PV is I can't get either NX Witness or TinyCam to do audio out via the speaker. Is this a known issue or does it work differently than it previously has in the past? Just wondering if the software needs updated.
Tinycam doesn't support 2-W audio when specifying ONVIF or Dahua camera. Supported IP cameras | tinyCam Monitor
Try specifying an Amcrest camera with 2-W audio support.