glenncol

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all

I was wondering what is a better option out of these two
Dahua NVR4208-8P-4KS2
and the
Hikvision DS7608NI-I2-8P

Is Dahua NVR4208-8P-KS2 the equivalent of the DS7608NI-I2-8P or is the Dahua DHI-NVR5208-8P-4kS2 the equivalent of the DS7608NI-I2-8P

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What cameras do you currently have or plan to buy? If you are going to use an NVR, go with Dahua-Dahua or Hikvision-Hikvision, I would advise against mixing brands. Otherwise you can also use Blue Iris if you want to use both and Dahua and Hikvision in your environment.

glenncol

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi i have a mixture of both 3mp Dahua and 3mp Hikvisions, just about to add a couple of 6mp or 8mp units but open to either. I have a Hikvision DS7608NI-I2-8P but if the Dahua is a better unit that will sway the decision the NVR and cameras

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Well if you intend to install more Dahua cams in the future, their NVR's usually have ONVIF support, but you will not be able to configure IVS features on the Hikvision cameras through the Dahua NVR. You will need to insert an SD card into your Hikvision (and for IVS, use the playback from SD function in the Hikvision camera's Web UI).
Blue Iris would be a better option IMO

glenncol

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, yeah i didn't want to run another PC if i could get away with i am running a NAS 24/7

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have two of the DS7608NI-I2-8P NVR's and they are great. I also have a mixture of Dahua and Hikvision cameras. If I want to make "additional" adjustments to the Dahua camera, I just plug it into my network which is right there and use the Dahua Tool Box. Actually the same with the Hikvision cameras but using the SADP tool. I have to temporarily change the camera addresses so that the network will see them and when I am done I change them back to the NVR address. Then plug the camera back into the NVR. Works great. Oh, I also have a power injector that I use.