Dahua VTH and VTO features??

JayUK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it possible with the Dahua VTHs to have it display the camera feed 24x7 (even when the intercom button hasn't been pressed)?

If so, is it possible to get it to display a secondary camera feed all the time and switch to the VTO camera when the button is pressed (and then switch back afterwards)?

When using the alarm input connection on the VTO, how does this show on the VTH?

Many thanks,
J.

Reaction score
Is it possible with the Dahua VTHs to have it display the camera feed 24x7 (even when the intercom button hasn't been pressed)?
If so, is it possible to get it to display a secondary camera feed all the time and switch to the VTO camera when the button is pressed (and then switch back afterwards)?
Apologies if I am not understanding the question, but aside from screen saving blanking the display, I can view (called monitor in the interface)
any of my cameras with any VTH - with the caveats, in my case 1) that I can view only one camera at a time, and 2) they are all Dahua cameras.
I don't normally use the VTH in that fashion, but one of my VTH's has been displaying one of the driveway cameras for about
15 minutes now without blanking (and surely that interval is a setting somewhere).

When the VTO "doorbell" button is pressed the VTH switches to the VTO camera. It does not automatically return to the
secondary camera feed, but 1) there is an icon that will return the view to a configured "favorite camera", and 2) I suspect that I could make it work with
the DauhaVTO2MQTT app that runs on my Blue Iris machine.
When using the alarm input connection on the VTO, how does this show on the VTH?
Apologies on helping with that functionality as I don't use the alarm input connection. I do use DahuaVTO2MQTT to send
an unlock request through MQTT to my Z-Wave deadbolts when the unlock (small padlock icon) is pressed.

You don't mention if you have already purchased the VTO and VTH's, but if you would like me try something specific or you would
like some screenshots, please let me know.

Regards

JayUK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

Thanks for the reply/clarification. I'm looking to replace an old/failed system where the video is constantly displayed on screen (this is how it used to function and ideally needs to be replicated).

Which VTO/VTH do you have?

I was also looking to add a second camera (potentially dahua), which ideally would be displayed all the time until someone pressed the intercom button (which would then switch to the intercom's video camera). Once the call is finished I would like it to switch back to the external/second camera.

I was hoping I could use the alarm input (on the outdoor station) to detect if a gate is opened or closed and then have this displayed on the indoor station.

I've spent ages looking for products that can do these things, but I'm starting to think none exist. The literature/online videos for video intercoms seems poor. And the functionality/features a bit "clunky" or limited.

I don't want to go down the route of a server/automation/etc, I was hoping to find an off the shelf product.

Thanks,
J.

Reaction score
Which VTO/VTH do you have?
I have VTO2311R-WP's and VTH2621GW-WP's
(We just refer to him as Andy on the forums, but member @EMPIRETECANDY is our main man for "prosumer" Dahua prodcuts, information, and knowledge.)

I was also looking to add a second camera (potentially dahua), which ideally would be displayed all the time until someone pressed the intercom button (which would then switch to the intercom's video camera). Once the call is finished I would like it to switch back to the external/second camera.
You can certainly display a Dahua camera feed on the VTH, and probably most other IP cameras as well, but the screen blanking interval is 300 seconds by default, with a minimum of 15 seconds
and a maximum of 7200 seconds, so no continuous viewing. In fairness to Dahua, the VTH's were designed as part of an intercom system, and so I would not expect them to necessarily function as POE monitors.
Having said that, this forum is filled with people who have creative ways display cameras feeds continuously on monitors, smart TV's, tablets, and PC's. This is probably true for the majority of cameras,
but, for example, the Dahau cameras all have a built-in web interface so to you just display the feed in a web browser:

1701050208748.png
(The web browser has to be running on a device which is on the same network as the camera. Most of run the cameras on a network
that is not accessible to the Internet.)

I don't want to go down the route of a server/automation/etc, I was hoping to find an off the shelf product.
I think many of us on this forum had that notion at some point, then the next thing you know there is a Blue Iris box, POE switches, a proliferation of
cameras, integrations with home automation, and lots of cool tools! :lmao::rofl::rofl::lmao:

They are tedious to search for, but I have seen a few products on eBay and AliExpress that I think are closer to what you might have in mind.
That is, there are some "appliance" like products that appear to integrate a video doorbell, cameras, and security, but I doubt they are anywhere near the quality
of the Dahua or HikVision products.

Good luck and please let us know if you have further questions.

Regards