Dahua VTH1550CH + wireless alarm sensors

Cyberthug

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
It’s possible to integrate wireless alarm sensors with VTH1550, to arm and disarm alarm ?
Dahua VTH1550 is wired alarm system capable, how to connect others wireless sensors ?
Thanks.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The VTH1550 doesn't work with wireless sensors.

The VTH systems don't have a real strong following here and the alarm functions aren't used heavily and are poorly documented.

There are some other models that have alarm functionality that does work with wireless sensors VTH5221D/DW and VTH5241DW (-C) models add a camera to the indoor station. These could only work with dahua's sensors.

There are other standalone alarms that work better. I do appreciate the desire to have one screen on your wall that could work as an intercom, camera viewer, and alarm keypad. It is possible to do this yourself with an android tablet, but takes some effort.

Cyberthug

n3wb
Reaction score
The VTH1550 doesn't work with wireless sensors.

The VTH systems don't have a real strong following here and the alarm functions aren't used heavily and are poorly documented.

There are some other models that have alarm functionality that does work with wireless sensors VTH5221D/DW and VTH5241DW (-C) models add a camera to the indoor station. These could only work with dahua's sensors.

There are other standalone alarms that work better. I do appreciate the desire to have one screen on your wall that could work as an intercom, camera viewer, and alarm keypad. It is possible to do this yourself with an android tablet, but takes some effort.
Thanks for your answer.
I have already a VTO2000 + VTH1550 intercom, IPC video and PIR wired sensors attached to VTH for alarm system.
I want to add wireless doors and water sensors.

It’s possible to add one VTH5241DW to operate alarm, intercom and IPC and VTH1550 only for intercom, they work together with VTO2000 ?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer.
I have already a VTO2000 + VTH1550 intercom, IPC video and PIR wired sensors attached to VTH for alarm system.
I want to add wireless doors and water sensors.

It’s possible to add one VTH5241DW to operate alarm, intercom and IPC and VTH1550 only for intercom, they work together with VTO2000 ?
There is no need for 1:1 mapping VTO and VTH. I've sent you (through PM) some interesting collaterals that might answer your questions, although I personally have experience with 2 VTO on 1 VTH (and not the other way around).

Hope this helps!
CC

Cyberthug

n3wb
Reaction score
There is no need for 1:1 mapping VTO and VTH. I've sent you (through PM) some interesting collaterals that might answer your questions, although I personally have experience with 2 VTO on 1 VTH (and not the other way around).

Hope this helps!
CC
I think it will be possible 1 VTO connected with different models of VTH.
Now, another question is:
How many wireless sensors can I add to VTH5221D ??

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score

Cyberthug

n3wb
Reaction score
6ch wireless, that’s mind 6 wireless sensors ?

Can anyone confirm this ?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
6ch wireless, that’s mind 6 wireless sensors ?

Can anyone confirm this ?
If a 16 channel NVR can host 16 IPC and if chinese logic follows the same mathematic rules, I would assume that 6 wireless sensors would work too, although the spec sheets also mention "6 wireless zones", which mean you could "chain" up sensors (like you can do within a classical alarm scheme).

But I'm out, as I can't speak for this VTH5221D.

Have a nice day!
CC

Cyberthug

n3wb
Reaction score
If a 16 channel NVR can host 16 IPC and if chinese logic follows the same mathematic rules, I would assume that 6 wireless sensors would work too, although the spec sheets also mention "6 wireless zones", which mean you could "chain" up sensors (like you can do within a classical alarm scheme).

But I'm out, as I can't speak for this VTH5221D.

Have a nice day!
CC
Maybe... thanks

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
And differents VTH models can work together with only one VTO ?
Why wouldn't they work together? Only parameter that could cause you trouble is the "group call" feature. If malconfigured, some VTH will not "join" the call.

JimmyK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone im Jimmy and new to this forum. I would like to add wired sensors to the VTH1550. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? Been looking crazy on the internet and cant find any. And does the sensors need a external power supply or does the VTH1550 supply the power?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi everyone im Jimmy and new to this forum. I would like to add wired sensors to the VTH1550. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this? Been looking crazy on the internet and cant find any. And does the sensors need a external power supply or does the VTH1550 supply the power?
Dag Jimmy,

I never messed with it, but I'm guessing that the VTH alarm I/O work the same way as the NVRs - here you find some guidance on this topic: https://dahuawiki.com/Troubleshoot/NVR/Alarm_Null - within the GUI of the VTH you can then choose to a "NC/NO" setup.

Hope this helps!
CC

JimmyK

n3wb
Reaction score
Thx will look in to that. And does anyone have a tip where and which power supply to use/buy for the sensors?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd suggest the manual as a good place to start: https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/upload/product/20180629/Digital-VTH-(Version-4_0)_Users-Manual_V1_0_22.pdf

I don't see anything in English about the electrical characteristics of the alarm io on the VTH, but I wouldn't make any assumptions. Get a volt meter and measure the voltage between an alarm in and the ground pin. My guess would be it will work if you just hook a sensor to it without doing anything else.