Dahua VTO not connecting after firmware update

brett_j

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Dahua intercom\doorbell VTH2621G-WP and VTO2311R-WP. I upgraded the firmware on both to v4.7 using ConfigTool and both looked all good. The VTH restarted and I can see it with ConfigTool, but after the VTO restarted it's no longer connecting. It restarted with the normal whistle sound it makes when starting back up and the button to ring the doorbell is illuminated flashing red.

I've read that the VTO may have defaulted back to 192.168.1.108 and I need to manually change the IPv4 ethernet settings on my laptop to connect to it and change the VTO IP back to what it was before firmware update

I'm comfortable with that but looking for some confirmation on the steps to take please. I'm confused if I need to connect VTO directly to my router. I did plug it in and it didn't fire up so I'm assuming no POE.
1. Disconnect laptop from internet\wifi
2. Connect the laptop directly to VTO (while VTO is still connected to power) via ethernet, check which ethernet adaptor is active while connected to VTO and change ethernet IPv4 settings.
3. Try to ping 192.168.1.108 (to confirm the IP has changed back to default)
4. If that works, type 192.168.1.108 into browser (have read Chrome and Edge won't work, needs to be IE). Will Firefox work?
5. In the VTO's network settings, change IP address of VTO back to what it was before firmware update.
6. Undo IPv4 settings on laptop
7. Connect laptop back to internet\wifi
8. Enter VTO updated IP into browser, confirm it's connecting
8. Check if VTO visible in ConfigTool.

I have reached out to Dahua support but nothing back from them.

Thank you.