Dahua VTO2000a alive but no webservice - (and VTH1550CH how to update)

GSV

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Dahua outdoor doorbel VTO2000a-VTOB108 in a simple constellation with a indoor DHI-VTH1550CH connected via the VTNS1060A POE switch.

The VTO is now no longer visible in the configtool after a crashed attempt to update firmware.
He is still alive can be pinged, only port 3800 is open ..

Holding the ringbuttton while powering on nor the 5 times pressing the tempering button seems a solution.

Help .. I am a n3wb ;-0

CONTEXT

Some years ago, to solve the push notifications problem to iphone over DMSS, I managed to update firmware of the VTO already from its orginal firmware to a 2018 version, I believe.
- what is the latest firmware for this VTO anyway ? I notiuced the VTO is now end of life, no dealer or Dahua support available. The Wiki is dreadfull..

I have downloaded on the dahua wiki the General_ConfigTool_ChnEng_V5.000.0000001.7.R.20210227 for MS windows 10 in search of the newest version of the VDP config tool.
- where is this ' V D P configtool' they advise you to use ? This toolbox, as well as the previous I used succesfully, contains a 'configtool' only ..

I found on a Dahua dealer new firmware available for the VTO .. Customer_VTOXXX_Eng_N_16M_SIP_V4.300.10BE000.0.R.20190708.bin
- there it went wrong .. I ready about UART and NFTEL .. no experience in that domain at all

The VTH was never updated and is still on V1.000.000 of 2015 because it never shows up in the ip search on the config tool, even not after a manual 'add'
- What is the latest firmware for the VTH anayway ? Should it be on v 4.3 as well to work properly ..

How to proceed from here ..
Thanks in adavce for your help.

GSV

n3wb
Reaction score
UPDATE

Holding the ringbuttton for a very ... very long time, while powering down had been triggering some things ..

I was advised to read about unbricking (thank you, Riogrande75) but I really do no see me going down the road of doing some UART of NFTL commands ..

I got an idea after reading UNBRICK isssues with very old IP cameras via the reset button.
It was indicated that you have to keep the reset button untill it clicks ..

So, I held down the RING button of the VTO2000A (1st gen) while powering it up, untill the nameplate led blinked 5 times ..
I kept it down waiting untill it blinked again 9 times and then it went out. Then I stopped .. camera still not accessible.

But I did that that procudere again .. but I kept the button on still, untill the led went on again ..
Now it seems that the port 37777 is open ..

Not sure how this is going to help me, but here we are ..

PS in the mean time I learned also
  • that the VDP config tool (old name), is now called simply 'config tool' and that it works for all dahua camera's
  • that the latest version of firmware is very model but also country/ regio specific .. and can be found here ;

If someone can shed a light on my problem, very much appreciated.

Reaction score
I bricked my VTH during an upgrade (quite possibly, was the wrong firmware). It gets stuck in a loop 1 second after powering on (well before getting deep into boot up).
That was my #2 VTH from the KTP kit. I did purchase #3. One day, I'd like to go back and see if can unbrick that VTH: To-Do-List #23

GSV

n3wb
Reaction score
FINAL UPDATE of this thread and CONCLUSION

After another 4 days of reading posts in 3 languages about Dahua unbricking and recovery ... here I am:

I have a VTO2000a-VTOB108 doorbell in a simple constellation with a indoor DHI-VTH1550CH connected through a VTNS1060A POE switch.

In the past I had already succesfully upgraded my VTO2000a (first generation?) with a 2017 firmware ..

I had now bricked my VTO2000a (first generation?) by an interrupted/failed 2019 v4.3 firmware upgrade with my laptop on WIfi.

There was no webservice ..

It was very confusing that most of the posts do not consider the difference between the VTO2000A-S (SIP version, 2nd generation?) and the VTO2000a I have procured in 2016 (?) , which is based on dahua wiki, non SIP ..

Anyway most (relavant) posts are about Dahua IPC 's (camera) anyway.

I only afterwards realized that the firmware that I was applying is apparently
- not intended (VTOxxx instead ot VTO2000a) and
not suitable for my device (first gen latest FW is 2018, source dahuawiki )..

The VTO was invisible for the configtool, so I am not sure that any of the hard resets, that i applied (see in other posts of this thread) have helped.

However, I was always able to ping the VTO .. and it appeared always as 192.169.1.110 in my network. And that gave me confidence ..

Several port scans showed me that sometimes port 3800 was accessible, sometimes 37777, sometimes none.

Again, not sure that this was caused by the many power on/ power of, resets after releasing tempering button or automatic reboots
after scanning it with the port scanner or the config tool (upgrade deamon?).. or was it caused by the wifi connection and/or inaccurate portscans.

After reading Unbricking your dahua camera (tips, tricks and firmware) link I found was able to find the VTO in the config tool while searching on port 3800 and while using my latest (and thus not any default) password .. that gave me confidence.

When I logged in on the device, the type was 'unknown", the model was 'platform', there was no serial, no mac address ..

I failed several times to upload the previous stable 2017 firmware, also uploading the wiki latest 2018 firmware for this device was impossible.

By in the end I managed to reload succesfully the 2019 firmware again .. VTOxxx SIP of 2019 v4.3 ..

GSV

n3wb
Reaction score
apologies I forgot the conclusion .. (and there was no way to edit my post ;-0)

It seems that my doorbell is working fine anyway with this frimware ..

With the push notifications to my mobile .. which I currently use to answers calls at the door.

I have not been able to attach it to my VTH, however ..

It is said in different posts that it needs to be upgraded to V 4.3 of its firmware as well; This I will address in different thread.

Hope this is helping someone ..