Dahua vto2111d-wp not unlocking and freezing

jemois

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all,
2 months ago I installed a Dahua vto2111d-wp which worked fine for about 1 month.
I'm using gDMSS plus android app to unlock the front door when someone is ringing and also installed an physical unlock door button.
After pressing the physical unlock door button or unlocking via the android app, the VTO unlocked the door and was playing "The door is unlocked", so everything was fine.
1 month ago it started unlocking only from time to time and also freezing for about 1 minute when it didn't worked. During the "freezing time" I can't connect via android and if I press the physical open door button again nothing it happening. "The door is unlocked" sound is also not playing when its not working.
For the last 2 weeks it doesn't unlock at all, no more "The door is unlocked" sound..it just freezes for about 1 minute.
I thought the electromagnetic lock may be fault so I checked the voltage. When the VTO electromagnetic lock connection wires are not connected to the lock and I press the physical unlock door button or just the android app to unlock, the VTO outputs ~12V for a couple of seconds (on the electromagnetic lock wires) and plays "The door is unlocked", which is the desired behaviour. If the wires are connected to the electromagnetic lock there is no output (or just a small 0.05V for under a second), no sound and no unlock. I also checked by connecting the wires to a 12V bulb instead of the lock which also result in freezing.
I checked electromagnetic lock functionality with another power supply and it unlocks fine.
I'm using a 12V 2A power supply for both the VTO and the lock. I didn't do any firmware upgrades to the VTO, its just stock.
Any idea what may be wrong ?

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
freezing for about 1 minute when it didn't worked. A similar thing happens to me on vto dahua, new. Mounted on the dinner table I had voltage for door unlock, mounted on the railing, no voltage on the lock. I doubt the pins on the connector., But the FREEZING is worrying every time I press unlock. The topic has been open for a long time, but has the problem been solved?

Reaction score
Hey all,
2 months ago I installed a Dahua vto2111d-wp which worked fine for about 1 month.
I'm using gDMSS plus android app to unlock the front door when someone is ringing and also installed an physical unlock door button.
After pressing the physical unlock door button or unlocking via the android app, the VTO unlocked the door and was playing "The door is unlocked", so everything was fine.
1 month ago it started unlocking only from time to time and also freezing for about 1 minute when it didn't worked. During the "freezing time" I can't connect via android and if I press the physical open door button again nothing it happening. "The door is unlocked" sound is also not playing when its not working.
For the last 2 weeks it doesn't unlock at all, no more "The door is unlocked" sound..it just freezes for about 1 minute.
I thought the electromagnetic lock may be fault so I checked the voltage. When the VTO electromagnetic lock connection wires are not connected to the lock and I press the physical unlock door button or just the android app to unlock, the VTO outputs ~12V for a couple of seconds (on the electromagnetic lock wires) and plays "The door is unlocked", which is the desired behaviour. If the wires are connected to the electromagnetic lock there is no output (or just a small 0.05V for under a second), no sound and no unlock. I also checked by connecting the wires to a 12V bulb instead of the lock which also result in freezing.
I checked electromagnetic lock functionality with another power supply and it unlocks fine.
I'm using a 12V 2A power supply for both the VTO and the lock. I didn't do any firmware upgrades to the VTO, its just stock.
Any idea what may be wrong ?

Thanks for your help
Are you alive? Will a 5A rectifier solve the problem instead of 2A?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I suggest to verify the wiring and try another power supply.
Such "freezings" are mostly related to either a bad/too weak power supply and/or induction on the wires.

Reaction score
Thank you.
I don't understand wire induction.
Do you think 5A adapter can solve my problem?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes - could be.
For better understanding pls. draw a wiring diagram with all your components (VTO,PS,doorlock,cable length,...).
This will help you in the future anyway.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm pretty convinced your power supply is not strong enough for VTO and door opener. What are the specs of your door opener?
Even the wires (30m of 0,4mm diameter) are pretty weak for this setup imho. Can't you just use more than 2 wires from the UTP cable for power?
From my experience, the magnetic induction on power wires after door lock was activated is to heavy that VTO "survives" that.
At my house the VTO rebooted every time the door lock was activated - that was solved with another cable for power supply.

Reaction score
I don't have a lock specification.
The resistance unimer shows 12.
How much A do you use with the rectifier?
I ordered a new one, 12V 5A, so I'll see .. I hope it works. If not, I'll play with the strings. It's complicated. The concrete has compressed the sleeve so it is not easy to replace the installation.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just give it a shot with the 5A power supply.
You could place a capacitor in parallel at the VTO side, that could head off the spikes.

Reaction score
that will be it! I moved the socket in the house to another place, thus shortening the power cable by 5m - unlocking works !!! Still to handle notifications and great! (Should I have upnp turned on for proper ringtone operation?)

Reaction score
Unlocking works, with little delay; after the bell sounds "unlocked", only after that does it activate the unlocking voltage.
Is there a port that must be open exclusively for unlocking via 4G? When I'm not home, everything works fine, except for unlocking. then it says FAILED, and I don't have to select 1 and 2 but just confirm the unlock.