Dahua WebPlugin Doesn't work

DCCXVIII

n3wb
Reaction score
Something must have happened recently because this USED to work for me. I tried to login to my Dahua IPNVR but the LAN login site keeps throwing me the message about installing the Webplugin (which was already isntalled from when it was first setup). For some reason it now fails to recognise that it's already installed and won't let me log in. Just keeps prompting me to download and install it again. I've tried deleting the installation location folder and re-installing the plugin but the issue persists. This is on Firefox v49.0.2. I tried MS Edge but the site is so out of date/poorly programmed that it thinks its Chrome and redirects me to install the Chrome addon. A cursory look on Chrome's addon review page shows that everyone on there is having the exact same issue. At the moment I can still access my NVR via the mobile app as well as Dahua's custom desktop software. But i'd really like to be able to access it from machines that don't have the software installed.

I don't have IE on my PC. Its 2016.

Anyone got any ideas on how to bypass this?

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IE is the only browser where I haven't had any problems using all the Dahua WebUI features.
You can enable/install it in the windows software settings.

n8huntsman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't have IE on my PC. Its 2016.

Anyone got any ideas on how to bypass this?
If you mean you are on Windows 10, IE is actually installed. Click the start button and type "internet explorer" It should show up. Right click it and select "run as administrator"

DCCXVIII

n3wb
Reaction score
If you mean you are on Windows 10, IE is actually installed. Click the start button and type "internet explorer" It should show up. Right click it and select "run as administrator"
Alas, what I meant is that I deliberately uninstalled it. As I have done with any PC i've had over the last 5-10 years. Its a horrible piece of software and no one should be using outside of the poor buggers who are stuck with it because their in-house software won't work with anything else and the CFO/CTO refuses to sign off an an updated version because MONEY.

Ah well, i'll just file a ticket with Dahua and hopefully with enough complaints, they'll get their thumbs out of their arses and support more than just 1 archaic browser that MS themselves have said they're discontinuing support for in favour of Edge.

n8huntsman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IE Tab for chrome or smartpss as someone else pointed out to me recently

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
What Chrome addon?

Chrome lost support for NPAPI plugins ages and ages ago so you couldn't be referring to that. I can't find any Chrome extension for Dahua either, besides the IE Tab extension which probably requires IE to be installed.

n8huntsman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IE Tab is what Im using. It might require IE to be installed. I have not tried on a machine that does not have it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/13919-Chrome-App-for-Dahuas

Bitch at dahua all you want; this is not there fault the only remaining browsers that support NPAPI plugins are IE and Safari.. Chrome and Firefox killed support for 3rd party plugins and HTML5 video has no support for RTSP or any of the industry standard protocols the video surveillance industry uses.. infact HTML5 Video Spec dropped the ball entirely on realtime video and any kind of realtime video support is basically non-existant.

just be happy it's not a fucking ActiveX plugin like most of the other manufacturers; otherwise us Unix users would be totally boned..

Last edited by a moderator:

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That smartpss software is the easiest thing to use.i like how they made the layout of it.easy to add cams,record,change setting etc.settings are well organized :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so i uninstalled then reinstalled smartpss cause auto login wasnt working.auto login works now and smartpss now picks up the huisun ptz cam.weird.. i thought only hik software worked with the huisun cam.i did play with the dahua nvr in the morning using smartpss but the nvr is turned off atm.:rapture:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you have a Dahua NVR you can use any camera w/an RTSP Stream/ONVIF in SmartPSS and Mobile Apps if you load it up through the recorder.. at least for playback and live feeds; but any configs wouldent work.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm guessing the dahua nvr left some sort of setting saved in the smartpss software to let the software know the huisun cam is good to run on smartpss.presets and ptz controls were working when I tested smartpss.the dahua nvr wasn't even plugged in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use Chrome, when I login to the Dahua camera the live view has an "click here to download and install plugin" link. clicking that brings me to this -> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nacl-web-plug-in/pbdcmagkbhnjpjlnpibbmggikpedpilc which is the Chrome WEB store. The NACL Web Plug-in is highlighted. I click Launch App, I'm now looking at some sort of web browser window with an URL bar, I login to my camera yet again and now everything works. Yes this sux but it works and I can do it from Chrome...

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use Chrome, when I login to the Dahua camera the live view has an "click here to download and install plugin" link. clicking that brings me to this -> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nacl-web-plug-in/pbdcmagkbhnjpjlnpibbmggikpedpilc which is the Chrome WEB store. The NACL Web Plug-in is highlighted. I click Launch App, I'm now looking at some sort of web browser window with an URL bar, I login to my camera yet again and now everything works. Yes this sux but it works and I can do it from Chrome...
you can use chrome:///apps/ to get to the NACL Web Plugin faster.

Reaction score
I dig up the subject, I have two NVRs: Dahua and Surveillance Station.
In both cases, I see that it is no longer possible to view the cameras live from Chrome or Firefox under Windows 10.

I can read the contents of the Dahua NVR but only with Internet Explorer by installing a webplugin.
i try web NACL plugin under chrome, it doesn't fix this issue.

I use the latest Dahua firmware and the latest version of the SurveillanceStation application.

Dahua: System version:4.001.0000005.1Date version:26-11-2020
SurveillanceStation: 8.2.8-6335

Internet Explorer being an obsolete browser, do you know how to fix this problem on both NVRs?

Thank you for your help.