Dahua WiFi over Imou Series

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua is my only brand, but when inexpensive wireless devices are required, Imou is my first choice. That includes the 4MP PT Cruiser (V1) and 2MP Turret (V1). Testing the Dahua 5MP PT A500, it surpasses both in terms of detection. The Dahua include the “IVS Smart Plan” (not sure about the new Imou V2 Sense series, even if it will only be included though a paid subscription). While the Imou Cruiser do not allow for the typical Dahua settings adjustment though GUI (Port-80), the new Dahua PT A500 does not include the auto-tracking. Also, enabling the “Smart Motion Detection”, conflicts with the “Smart Plan”, not able to receive push notifications through DMSS (will need to evaluate further). Still waiting for testing the new Imou 5MP Cruiser 2C (V2- 1/3” CMOS) against the Dahua 5MP PT (1/2.8” CMOS). It looks like the new Imou includes both human and vehicle detection. Let me know if someone have experience with the Dahua PT or the new Imou Sense series.670DA1A7-49D4-42A9-AE2F-23BA414205FB.jpeg