Dahua XVR died, what to replace it with?

Peekonu

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 9 old BNC analog cameras that I had connected to a Dahua XV$, but it suddenly went black. Neither the HDMI or VGA output have any signal.
Does Dahua still make XVRs or any other brand to connect, display, and record 9 BNC cameras?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
It'd be a bummer to invest money into an old obsolete system. I'd replace it with a Blue Iris system and digital cameras....but that's me.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 9 old BNC analog cameras that I had connected to a Dahua XV$, but it suddenly went black. Neither the HDMI or VGA output have any signal.
Does Dahua still make XVRs or any other brand to connect, display, and record 9 BNC cameras?
Yes Dahua still make XVR for analog cameras. The basic ones will do up to 4MP lite. The higher end ones will support up to 8MP.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The DVR takes a 12V 2amp power supply which is for powering up the recorder itself and the hard drive inside. The cameras should have their own 12v power supply. Since your DVR is not having any video out I would first measure the voltage of the power supply going to the DVR. It should be a brick style unit. Check for 12 volts plus or minus .25 volts. If that is good then take off the cover which should be held on with phillips screws. Unplug the power to the hard drive and see if you are able to power up the recorder without hard drive attached. If it is and you are getting video then you will need to change out the power supply as it is not able to support the load with both the recorder and the hard drive. It's a pretty common issue. Can also grab a random 12 volt power supply to power up the DVR. I have used as low as a 12 volt 1 amp power supply to boot up the DVR without hard drive attached with no issues. Just make sure power supply is center positive on the 5521 barrel connector which most usually are.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.