Dahua XVR510 looses settings

occicat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been reading and researching ever since I updated to a XVR510 and I've been running into a few more snags.

Firstly, I had attempted to update the firmware to 3.218.0000002.3 from 3.218.0000001.4 from Dahua's website using their config tool and each time it had failed. I reached out to the seller stating the above and asked for the latest firmware and of course what they provided me worked fine. It should have worked IMHO from Dahua's site, so whatever secret sauce they put in their *.bin file escapes me.

So I am on 3.218.0000002.3 build 2018-06-01 and had not lost any of my initial settings other than I noticed once I added an IP camera that it wouldn't display video on the video wall, only when you double clicked into it and waited for a second, then video showed.

I fiddled with the bandwidth and turned everything down but still couldn't get video up on the wall.

Secondly, I noticed when I switched over to adding IP cameras that the video on a few channels of my analog units was displaying some horizontal scrolling of color. These cams were currently in night vision mode, however one camera a week ago did it during the day, but reset itself. The power supply is a 12vdc and 3A output for four cams. Turning the cams on and off did not fix this and not every camera exhibited this issue making it difficult to narrow down if it is indeed the cameras or the XVR unit.

The cameras are TMEZON 2mp bullet cams set to AHD by default which the XVR can handle. Reverting back and forth between IP camera enable did not change the result though that I did notice was that ALL my motion settings were lost and the areas were reset. Talk about a pain.

I've just about run out of options at this point as it seems Dahua is the only game in town as they make a good chunk of NVR and DVR's out on the market today, they just seem to be plagued with issues like this. I also find it very sketchy that the firmware has to come from a manufacturer and I could not just get it from Dahua's international site and update accordingly.

I'm still fiddling around with Blue Iris as well but I'm also trying to keep the amount of external issues at a minimum.

Has anyone experienced any resetting like this with these XVR units from Dahua, or even adding an IP cam and not getting video out on your wall?

occicat

n3wb
Reaction score
Thirdly, double clicking on any live feed on the video wall, there is a 50/50 chance that you either get the full screen video or the main menu. If you do get the full screen, double clicking to get back to the main video wall, results in the same 50/50 chance of either getting back or getting the main menu.

Adjusting the mouse settings under setting > system to slow or fast or in between does nothing.