Dahua XVR7416L Control

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All,

I need some help with the above DVR. I've just upgraded from an older Dahua DVR to this one and am having a problem with controlling the unit remotely. Let me describe the setup.

The unit is housed in a central rack connected to an HDMI 8x8 matrix. This allows distribution of the CCTV throughout the property to any room. The previous unit had IR which meant I could switch camera views from any room. The new unit does not and I have not been able to work out a way to control the unit except via mouse which is useless for my setup. The unit has RS232 but I can't find any protocols for using it and it would also be difficult to integrate into my current control system. Is there a way to control the unit with IP? It's really disappointing that Dahua have removed IR control but I'm hoping there's a way round that.

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having searched various online resources I've found both RS232 and IP protocols for Dahua NVRs and cameras. There are several links on his forum in the camera sections. The HTTP control is most useful for my setup and easiest to implement but I'm lacking several commands.
I also downloaded several years ago a control interface for Windows which allows direct control of the NVR via a simple console. This console enables you to change the output showing on the display which comes from the HDMI output on the unit. I've tried using Wireshark to see what the packets are in order to get the extra commands I need but haven't been successful.
Can anyone help with this? If anyone wants a copy of the console program for Windows let me know and if anyone can provide the subsequent IP commands this console is using that would be greatly appreciated.