Dark Night, No aurora forecast, but Sky Cam comes through

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself but I cannot comprehend how people can gaze at such amazing beauty, think for a moment about the enormity of it and the precision, timing and coordination of the movements of all the objects in the sky and be convinced that "a big bang" is responsible for what we witness in the sky.

For me, God the Creator is responsible and I'm not ashamed to say so. At the very least, you'd think people would concede that there's some "intelligent design" behind all of this. I am particularly baffled that of all the professions in the scientific community, the ones least likely to say they are religious or believe in God are the astronomers.

If that's true, I would add that they look......but they don't see. :cool:

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
@TonyR, I know God created the Universe and the Cosmologists have confirmed the creation,
just like Genesis says! Even they confirm the real bummer, that is to say "The Big Rip" or the
ultimate separation of the lost form Glory.

"In the beginning..." Neutral Hydrogen atoms sucked up the light. God said "Let there be light". Done!
So, scientists have confirmed what the "Book" says.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Energy last night was higher (KP3). View line still well north of us, but Color-4KT could see green activity even due east. Andromeda galaxy showed up especially well to complete the show.

Topping off the night were two visitors in the morning

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can only speak for myself but I cannot comprehend how people can gaze at such amazing beauty, think for a moment about the enormity of it and the precision, timing and coordination of the movements of all the objects in the sky and be convinced that "a big bang" is responsible for what we witness in the sky.

For me, God the Creator is responsible and I'm not ashamed to say so. At the very least, you'd think people would concede that there's some "intelligent design" behind all of this. I am particularly baffled that of all the professions in the scientific community, the ones least likely to say they are religious or believe in God are the astronomers.

If that's true, I would add that they look......but they don't see. :cool:
Note "big bang theory" does not necessarily deny the existence of God. I know Many scientists who still belive in God.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
True but many won't admit it for fear of criticism or ostracism from their peers..... :rolleyes:
Yes .. just like many will vote in ways their friends and neighbors do not agree on.

Which is fine, best to keep some discussions away from the work place.

Lol one of my employers was very anti-gun .. probably would have fired me knowing I am big on civil rights .. starting with the 1st amendment

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
The Universe was created by intelligent design. Seems like God knew exactly what he was doing
and knew how it would turn out "too boot". Now everyone can be happy.;)