Dash Cam with GPS, Wi-Fi and automatic transfer

ClipperMiami

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know of a Dash Camera with GPS-tagged recordings and Wi-Fi that can be configured to automatically dump the recordings to storage on the home LAN/Cloud/DropBox/etc over Wi-Fi when it detects and connects to the home network?

Jrlivin2

n3wb
Reaction score
You won't find what you're looking for just yet. We are getting closer but there is nothing out there that is reliable with all of these features.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is that normal sized WIFI sd card. Some cams accept a micro sd card, which they have an adapter for to go from normal sd card to micro. I saw a thread on dashcam forums talking about the wifi sd card over a year ago. I do not know how far it went, but it's something to look into again as a project?

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Very interesting feature, never thought about this one ... but you may think the opposite way.

If your dahscam act as WiFi hotspot that you can connect into then you could use your PC or a small RasPi check for this HotSpot and then connect and grab the files but of course it depend how it is possible to access the files, you may have to create some script for that.

ChooChooman74

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would love this feature. One of my clients/friends has a tow truck company as a subsidiary of his repair business. Sometimes, by the time something is discovered, it is too late.

tom95521

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think the new Thinkware F800 might have most of the features you are looking for (July 2017).

Tom

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you looked at the DDPai M6+ with GPS, WiFi ?

Comprehensive review by Techmoan, link below:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doesn't have wifi but my Mini 0806 is still going strong. Will be buying another if it dies - so many people complain about dash cameras dying etc that reliability for me is no 1 when the quality isn't too much different.

I tried the M6+ and wasn't impressed by the video quality vs the Mini 0806 which is a few years older.

Avoid the NanoQ-full, I had one and the supplier recalled it for a full refund after a month. I was lucky as a lot ordered on eBay from China and ended up losing out. Shame because the wifi was good but not a function I use.