Database: Corrupt of disc error: 00000020

johnny2678

n3wb
Reaction score
I get this every so often in the logs. Nothing is out of the ordinary in the UI and all my clips are fine so I usually ignore it. But I'm a little OCD and I don't like red error Xs, so I tried to repair/regenerate the database. As far as I can tell, that went ok, but now all of my clips are missing from BI. The physical BVR files are still there in various places in the file system (New - C drive -> Stored - D drive -> Deep Storage - H Drive (NAS via mapped drive)), they are just not listed in BI. Also, the thresholds are reset, so If I have a 20GB threshold on New files, it starts building a 20GB collection of clips in addition to the 20GB of clips that were there prior to the repair action. So the New location ends up with 40GB, not 20GB.

A quick search turned up the same issue in another thread, but no real resolution.

Anyone else seen this before? Any way to prevent? Any way to reimport clips back into BI?

TIA!

rightkick

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I get this every so often in the logs. Nothing is out of the ordinary in the UI and all my clips are fine so I usually ignore it. But I'm a little OCD and I don't like red error Xs, so I tried to repair/regenerate the database. As far as I can tell, that went ok, but now all of my clips are missing from BI. The physical BVR files are still there in various places in the file system (New - C drive -> Stored - D drive -> Deep Storage - H Drive (NAS via mapped drive)), they are just not listed in BI. Also, the thresholds are reset, so If I have a 20GB threshold on New files, it starts building a 20GB collection of clips in addition to the 20GB of clips that were there prior to the repair action. So the New location ends up with 40GB, not 20GB.

A quick search turned up the same issue in another thread, but no real resolution.

Anyone else seen this before? Any way to prevent? Any way to reimport clips back into BI?

TIA!
It might be when a camera reboots? I sent a reboot to one of mine to try and fix yet another problem and the log was generated. Although I'm not sure the camera actually rebooted because I was watching video the whole time. I have no idea what BI is doing, when or why.

albone3000

n3wb
Reaction score
ive had this problem a couple times when running bi as a service and both times fixed it by manually entering the account credentials to the windows service.

byee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had the same error message on BI for about a month a while back. It had no impact on the recordings.

....the problem came clear. Not sure if it was after an update.

Ch0ppa

n3wb
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, this error code means that there is a sharing violation. I am almost certain that Ken (the developer) provided this info.

albone3000

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried this and sadly it didn't help me I get Corrupt of disc error: 00000020 every night at the default time of 2.00am
I have stopped manually regenerating the dB as all this does is make lots of black placeholders that don't work in the clip list

In fact I will turn off the nightly tick box to temp stop this happening every night

Nothing weird here either db is on D:\security\blue iris
local ne 2TB disk

If anyone does find out what this problem is I would every interested
but its not exactly a show stopper
just means if I ever need to regen the db I loose all my alert pointers :¬)
Have you tried moving the database back to the original directory on the c drive? i left mine there but save the video elsewhere.