Database Question

Lockwood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I had to restore a backup on my computer from last month. This put me back on Blue Iris 4.4.7.11. I noticed none of my previous clips are showing in Blue Iris now. All I see are the new clips created since the backup. I do have my New, Stored and Alerts folders on a different internal drive than the Blue Iris progra, and database. I'm assuming I need to do something to the database for Blue Iris to show al the clips. I can get to the choices of Run maintenance, Compact/Repair, Repair/Regenerate, Delete & Regenerate. What would I choose?

Thanks,
Chris

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd follow this instruction by @bp2008 made in April of '22 ==>> Merging databases from two servers into one

Note where he says "...So before you do the Repair/Regenerate you need to copy your clips from the old machine to the new one", you'd copy the files in your old db folder (from the backup?) to the restored server to be with those in the current/newer db folder.

Lockwood

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'd follow this instruction by @bp2008 made in April of '22 ==>> Merging databases from two servers into one

Note where he says "...So before you do the Repair/Regenerate you need to copy your clips from the old machine to the new one", you'd copy the files in your old db folder (from the backup?) to the restored server to be with those in the current/newer db folder.
Thanks. I'll give this shot. I would have just assumed the restored backup would have had all the past clips, but we'll see what happens.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The backup now would have an outdated database that wouldn't match the files of your videos if the video files are on another drive, so that is why a delete and rebuild or regenerate would be needed.