Dauhua OEM vs non OEM

Jordi666

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
in my local 2nd hand site , there is a gentleman selling a few , which he says that he bought from win vision technology limited , which a google search shows Shenzhen ,
which he claims they sent OEM by mistake. So he is selling brand new.
Dahua OEM 8MP IPC-HDW5831R-ZE Network Camera. ,PoE (NO Logo)
It so happens that these are the exact cameras i want.
So my query is , is there any disadvantage to buying these over non OEM from ali express or amazon?

Attachments

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would say that the vast majority of folks here use the OEM version of Dahua equipment and the only difference noted is that there is no Dahua logo on the OEM version... not on the camera, in the firmware, or on the box/instructions. Sometimes the OEM versions will have slightly different model numbers, but they're usually pretty easy to figure out.

Your picture of the 5831 tags looks like how I would expect an OEM 5831 tag to look.

FWIW, if you haven't already run across it, Dahua has a much newer 8MP varifocal model that appears to have better night-time performance (based on the minimum illumination specs):

The link below is to the 2831 on @EMPIRETECANDY's AliExpress store. He's an awesome Dahua OEM reseller that's been working with folks on the forum here for several years now.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would check with Andy (empirecandy). I have purchased many cameras and NVRs from him. Great customer service. Actually get products in a few days to a week here in USA. I did not need to hear about the new 2831. Probably going to buy one in to test...

M

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A word of caution, and I'm not trying to discourage you from dealing with Andy at all, but he just posted that there are delays when he tries to ship to the US. This isn't limited to just Andy but seems to be a problem with anything coming from China to the US and, is undoubtedly, COVID related in one way or another.

Last edited:

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just got a NVR in from him and it took 7 days.

M

Slacker

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just ordered an NVR, 4 cameras, and some mounts from @EMPIRETECANDY on Wednesday 5/6 and received them in Arizona on Wednesday 5/13. This was longer than it usually takes to get from him and he shipped Fedex instead of the usual DHL because everything is messed up with the shipping now. He's on top of what the best option is at the moment so just check with him before ordering.

Björn0815

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Do any of you know where to find a good Dahua OEM online seller in Germany or BeNeLux ?
Thanks for any advice