Day and night with 2532

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The day picture is good but the night picture is dire. This is using a 2.8mm. I'm aware that it has a limited night time range and after some advice today I've turned the smart IR off to see if that makes it any better. I'll check tonight what it's like. There are 3 security floodlights that come on when someone/thing triggers them off and the cam is set on motion detection, so when they do light up it brightens it up a lot more. Any other settings to look at or is it simply a case of that is what the cam has to offer?

It's been suggested to try a 2142 as it has a better range at night time.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Angle it away from your window and ceiling. If you can see either in the photo then the IR will be compromised. The reflection from the number plate isn't helping either but not much you can do about that!

Apart from that it's not going to get much better and a 2142 will be better but not magic.

diesel dog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, will give that a go. The picture is actually ok when the security lights come on so it's not a real concern. I'll have a play with it tonight when it's dark and go from there.

One thing i have noticed and that is the price increase for the Hikvision gear in the UK. Anyone else noticed it?

Oh and one other thing. I've downloaded the ivms app on to my tablet and phone. It works when at home but when I try it view it elsewhere it doesn't connect. Probably doing something stupidly wrong but open to help to sort it out :cool:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, will give that a go. The picture is actually ok when the security lights come on so it's not a real concern. I'll have a play with it tonight when it's dark and go from there.

One thing i have noticed and that is the price increase for the Hikvision gear in the UK. Anyone else noticed it?

Oh and one other thing. I've downloaded the ivms app on to my tablet and phone. It works when at home but when I try it view it elsewhere it doesn't connect. Probably doing something stupidly wrong but open to help to sort it out :cool:
1) Same for me, I have DS-2CD2542FWD-I instead
2) They virtually enforce a monopoly so no shock here and we shouldn't be buying this stuff unless we are "installers" anyway and jack the price up even more!
3) You need to setup DDNS there's a few guides on here

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
yah. mini-dome == 'mini'mal night vision. :)

you could add more external IR...