Day light camera

bluenose72

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys

First time posting but been using the forum for a while and now and got all the info I needed to set up a 2 cam system up and running in my self storage yard, all outside, with a 5832-4KS2 NVR, one IPC-HDW5231R-ZE and a hikvision DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS. I needed a dedicated anpr camera and got a great deal on this used, seems to be working fine with Dahua NVR and anpr doing what I need it to do. Will swith cam to Dahua at some point.

I need to start adding more cameras and looking for advice choosing them. It seems most of the advice on here is based on the ability or priority of night operation and I got the 5231 for that purpose but my main purpose is monitoring my customers during the day, so looking for the best cams for this and have no use for them at night.

I will be purchasing a PTZ1A225U-IRA-N that will be mounted on the corner of my office, about 6m high, and use the auto tracking system as I want my anyone in the yard to know the are being monitored.

I need a mix of cams, 2 or 3 to focus on particular spots and 3 or 4 to give a general view of a wider area.

Any detection or monitoring features like face detection, vehicle detection, advanced motioned detection etc etc could be useful.

Although there's not an unlimited budget it is a commercial operation and will have more to spend per camera than the average home set up.

It looks like some very interesting cameras are just being realeased, is it best to hold off a few weeks to see how they look?

Apologies for long post trying to give as much info as possible!