Day/Night profiles with sunrise/sunset times changing

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys;

How do you deal with day/night profiles when the sunrise and sunset times change, especially with daylight savings time changes? I have a schedule for day/night modes setup in my 4mp Dahua camera, but they become out of sync with sunrise and sunset times. Is there any sort of solution to this issue?

Euly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I typically base my profiles on my phone's Wunderground app (Weather Underground) that provides First Light/Sunrise/Sunset/Last Light, but fine tune it, adding 15 minutes to the time I think should be perfect. The the amount of day light subtracts every day by about one minute, counting down till December (forgot what day, but it's the darkest day of the year) and then adds back up till July (I think). The 15 minutes I add is so I won't have to change the profiles for another 15 days. I'm not a meteorologist, so feel free to blast me for my ignorance. That's my stupid "some guy on the internet" theory. Seems to work though.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, thanks for the info. Between this and the post regarding getting this working on Hikvision cameras using curl, I'll see if I can figure something out.

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Right I'm getting pretty good in my Dahua settings and Blue Iris and thngs are going so well that I need to now fine tune DST's to fine tune it. But as the OP suggests, my Duhua Day/Night modes will shift out of sink with Sunrise & Sunset.

Has there been any progress on this since the original 2015 post?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Right I'm getting pretty good in my Dahua settings and Blue Iris and thngs are going so well that I need to now fine tune DST's to fine tune it. But as the OP suggests, my Duhua Day/Night modes will shift out of sink with Sunrise & Sunset.

Has there been any progress on this since the original 2015 post?
Yes new dahua firmware can change it based on the sensor for some models or better yet bp2008 has a Windows service thst does it relative to sunrise sunset...

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well 3 years on folks, I'm dragging this back up.

I have exactly the same problem. I do not want to have to adjust each camera for civil twilight.

What I really want is a NPT civil twilight clock that relates to my location and which I can point my DAHUA cameras too.

Failing that, meanwhile, I created the attached spreadsheet. For my location, I took the sunrise and sunset times for the 1st day of every month in my location over a 12 month period.
I then calculated the average as shown.

I input the average into my cameras today. However as can be seen by my spreadsheet, I also calculated the average time discrepancy with the actual sunrise/sunset for that time of month. It is not great!

Has anybody got a more accurate less time occupying method please?Sunrise Sunset.jpg

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

I have exactly the same problem. I do not want to have to adjust each camera for civil twilight.

What I really want is a NPT civil twilight clock that relates to my location and which I can point my DAHUA cameras too.

Failing that, meanwhile, I created the attached spreadsheet. For my location, I took the sunrise and sunset times for the 1st day of every month in my location over a 12 month period.

I input the average into my cameras today. However as can be seen by my spreadsheet, I also calculated the average time discrepancy with the actual sunrise/sunset for that time of month. It is not great!

Has anybody got a more accurate less time occupying method please?View attachment 34349
See post above

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Has anybody got a more accurate less time occupying method please?View attachment 34349
bp2008/DahuaSunriseSunset

Rhodesy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks guys, sorry fenderman I hadn't seen you previous post.

Well I downloaded it and i "add camera", how do I then tell the camera to use the sunrise/sunset time?