day/night switch

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got a hikvision camera in my livingroom and one in my kitchen/dining room which has a sliding glass door to the back yard. I've got the day night switch set to auto, sensitivity 1, filtering time 5, smart IR on. I've got pretty bright lighting in the kitchen and decent in the living room but they stay on night vision, has anyone found good settings to get these things to not go to IR until it's actually dark?

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe try using it on a schedule.

Not the best solution obviously cause dawn and dusk change but if you can't get the sensor right i'd say that's the only option.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe try using it on a schedule.

Not the best solution obviously cause dawn and dusk change but if you can't get the sensor right i'd say that's the only option.
Thinking about it, was just hoping maybe there was a better setting haha.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It would be cool if you could get the cameras to download dawn and dusk time to change over on schedule.

I use to do it with Blue Iris and the 3MP cams.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I switch profiles externally at dusk/dawn with Domoticz via this lua script for my Dahua cameras.
I might try that, but how do you deal with needing the IR on at a time that's not on the schedule, do you just run a script? Not sure if that can be done with hikvision but after I get my starlight dahua turret I may dump the hikvision that I have. I'm pretty good with computers as long as there isn't any programming involved so running a script would be fine.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
daytime is still set to auto, night time is forced B&W.. if it gets too dark early because of stormy weather it'll switch on its own to B&W, but the rest of the profile variations take place after a geographically calculated sunset.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does yours set it to whatever sunrise and sunset are at the time or so you manually set it?
You enter your geolocation in the schedule...it knows..you can set it RELATIVE to sunrise/sunset so +/- XX minuets before or after.