Daylight Camera

bluenose72

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Unlike most on here I need to monitor during the day, outside.

Although it would be nice if some of the cams have some night visibility others I need max performance during day and will be redundant at night.

Happy with bullets or turrets, will use a mix as some places I need the cameras to be very obvious.

Commercial install so price isn't a factor.

Any recommendations?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IMO, some of the better multi-purpose cameras are the 4K/8MP 2831 models. They're varifocal, so you'll be able to zoom them so the image covers the area you're surveilling and won't be wasted recording areas you're not interested in. At night, they're not as good as the 2MP Starlights, but they're about as close to them as you can get.

They don't have turrets in this series yet, though.. they do have bullets and domes.
Lite H.265 Series

There are also 1831 models, they're just not varifocal though. So if you know you're going to need a wide-angle, you can save a few bucks and just get a 1831 (with a fixed wide-angle lens) vs paying extra for a 2831 varifocal lens that you'd just leave on the widest setting anyway.

bluenose72

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks.

It's for a drive-up self storage facility, some cams will be used to cover a wide area, others zoomed on to focus on important areas, so that advice will be very useful.

Are the 2831's good for face detection/recognition?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks.

It's for a drive-up self storage facility, some cams will be used to cover a wide area, others zoomed on to focus on important areas, so that advice will be very useful.

Are the 2831's good for face detection/recognition?
This model not support face detection.
Smart functions below:
Motion detection, Video tampering, Scene changing, Network disconnection, IP address conflict, Illegal access, Storage anomaly IVS Tripwire, Intrusion

bluenose72

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Andy

What model would you recommend for face detection?

Camera will only be used during daylight (outdoors) and I'm looking for the best quality I can get, within reason

Alan Carter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks Andy

What model would you recommend for face detection?

Camera will only be used during daylight (outdoors) and I'm looking for the best quality I can get, within reason
Commercial install, price not the only factor, go for it @bluenose72

Tell us how the cam pans out? Curious if the quality is a lot better for higher priced gear