db corruption detected

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look at the BI camera status page and either slide the sliding tab at the bottom over to see the stuff on the far right of the screen or make the columns smaller so that you can see the rest of the columns

OK so EVERY device in your house is on the same IP address, which can mean components of your system could be overwhelmed or overloaded. And because of that, your cameras are exposed to the internet so they could be having attacks on them as well.

Many people unfortunately have their cameras routing thru their wifi router and it causes problems. Countless examples of folks coming here with issues and were doing just that and cleared up after they removed that data stream out of the router. You would be surprised how many let their router assign an IP address to their cameras, which then forces it to route it and makes the problem even worse.

Because these cameras do not buffer, if the router gets "overloaded" and has a lost packet, it has to resend. It can bring the whole network down if trying to send cameras through a wifi router. At the very least it can slow down your entire system. Consumer grade routers are simply not designed for the 24/7 constant demand, never taking a break, cameras. This will happen even with hard-wired cameras going thru the router.

With a streaming device like a Netflix, because of the buffering, the router is taking "breaks" as it routes and deals with other devices on the system and then comes back to the Netflix stream and loads up a bit of that and then goes and does other things.

These cameras provide NON-STOP data streaming and as such can provide a constant load that some of the routers will have trouble with.

On my isolated NIC, my cameras are streaming between 280Mbps to 350Mbps depending on motion. This is full-on, never stopping to take a breath. Even if someone has a gigabit router, a 3rd of non-buffering 24/7 data will impact its speed. It is much better to pull that bandwidth off the peripherals you use for everyday stuff.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look at the BI camera status page and either slide the sliding tab at the bottom over to see the stuff on the far right of the screen or make the columns smaller so that you can see the rest of the columns

OK so EVERY device in your house is on the same IP address, which can mean components of your system could be overwhelmed or overloaded. And because of that, your cameras are exposed to the internet so they could be having attacks on them as well.

Many people unfortunately have their cameras routing thru their wifi router and it causes problems. Countless examples of folks coming here with issues and were doing just that and cleared up after they removed that data stream out of the router. You would be surprised how many let their router assign an IP address to their cameras, which then forces it to route it and makes the problem even worse.

Because these cameras do not buffer, if the router gets "overloaded" and has a lost packet, it has to resend. It can bring the whole network down if trying to send cameras through a wifi router. At the very least it can slow down your entire system. Consumer grade routers are simply not designed for the 24/7 constant demand, never taking a break, cameras. This will happen even with hard-wired cameras going thru the router.

With a streaming device like a Netflix, because of the buffering, the router is taking "breaks" as it routes and deals with other devices on the system and then comes back to the Netflix stream and loads up a bit of that and then goes and does other things.

These cameras provide NON-STOP data streaming and as such can provide a constant load that some of the routers will have trouble with.

On my isolated NIC, my cameras are streaming between 280Mbps to 350Mbps depending on motion. This is full-on, never stopping to take a breath. Even if someone has a gigabit router, a 3rd of non-buffering 24/7 data will impact its speed. It is much better to pull that bandwidth off the peripherals you use for everyday stuff.
I hope this is what you are looking for. I am not to camera or computer savey and I really do appreciate your patients with me on this. I have a static IP address from the service provider and I logged into each camera and set them all to static IP as well. This was my understanding how it should be done but I did not set the original AT&T Box. What I did was set my computer (BI Server) IP to pass through the firewall. Was I right or wrong in doing this?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK that helps.

So your fuel shed camera has 69 drops and backyard, shop and barn each have 2 drop outs. Are those the wifi cameras? If so, that would explain it.

It is common for most people to do exactly as you did - it is simple and easy, but it also puts your system at risk because ironically security cameras are not very secure.

Best practice is to have your cameras all on a different IP address scheme and then either connect it via a dual NIC in the BI computer or a VLAN switch.

Since you have Ubiquity and you said they are managed, that would mean it is VLAN capable so you could do it that way.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK that helps.

So your fuel shed camera has 69 drops and backyard, shop and barn each have 2 drop outs. Are those the wifi cameras? If so, that would explain it.

It is common for most people to do exactly as you did - it is simple and easy, but it also puts your system at risk because ironically security cameras are not very secure.

Best practice is to have your cameras all on a different IP address scheme and then either connect it via a dual NIC in the BI computer or a VLAN switch.

Since you have Ubiquity and you said they are managed, that would mean it is VLAN capable so you could do it that way.
The fuel shed is and it is a cheapo camera. It connects through an outside Access Point which is wired into the same switch that the backyard is plugged into. The shop is wired all the way back to the main switch. Both the shop and backyard are wired connections. The fuel shed camera does not incorporate well with the BI Program. Has several options that cant be controlled thru BI and it does not have a sub-stream available to run thru BI.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll bet it's actually a problem with the camera and the way the video is being encoded.

Cleve

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK that helps.

Up date for the above. I went through each camera that was dropping signals and reinstalled the firmware. I also unplugged and removed the Fuel Shed camera from the system that had the most dropped signals. No more dropped signals since then. I also unplugged the computer from the router and plugged it into a switch. Everything seems fine except for the dropped video in the WEB UI.