DB1 not ringing chime

Bacchus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Doorbell newbie here. I have purchased and installed an Ezviz DB1 doorbell using existing wiring, essentially replacing the basic bell push. Everything is fine except that it does not ring the chime. I have purchased and installed a new 16v Protek transformer and an Eterna DC1WH mechanical chime. Pressing the button on the DB1 makes a sound outside but does not ring the chime inside. However if I short the two connectors on the back of the DB1 the chime bing bongs.

This indicates to me that the issue is in the DB1 as that is what pushing the button should do. As I said though I am a newbie at this and not an electrician so I was wondering if anyone had seen this issue before.

Otherwise I am very pleased with the doorbell. Easy to set up and I have integrated it with my Hikvision NVR

H0va4life

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi

Doorbell newbie here. I have purchased and installed an Ezviz DB1 doorbell using existing wiring, essentially replacing the basic bell push. Everything is fine except that it does not ring the chime. I have purchased and installed a new 16v Protek transformer and an Eterna DC1WH mechanical chime. Pressing the button on the DB1 makes a sound outside but does not ring the chime inside. However if I short the two connectors on the back of the DB1 the chime bing bongs.

This indicates to me that the issue is in the DB1 as that is what pushing the button should do. As I said though I am a newbie at this and not an electrician so I was wondering if anyone had seen this issue before.

Otherwise I am very pleased with the doorbell. Easy to set up and I have integrated it with my Hikvision NVR
I used the transformer includedwith my db1 and am having inconsistent chiming as well. Mine is working right now after being silent for a while - temperatures outside are warming up so I believe it has to do with the weather in my case.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you install the included "converter" at the chimes. It came with the camera. I honestly don't remember what the technical name for it is, but it is a tiny box with a few wires coming out of it. You are suppose to use it if you have mechanical chimes.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The power rating of that transformer is too low.

From the EZVIZ DB1 product page:
The input voltage for DB1 is 12~24VAC, to work with chime, please use at least 12vac,1 Amp adapter/transformer.

I ended up having to go to a 16VAC 30VA transformer for my chime to work reliably.

Bacchus

n3wb
Reaction score
Update: Hi guys, thanks for the responses. I returned the DB1 unit as faulty and obtained a replacement which when installed activated the chime correctly without any other (transformer or chime) configuration So:

16v / 8VA Protek transformer
Eterna DC1WH mechanical chime
DB1 Video Doorbell
Existing wiring (buried in the walls as it was installed when the house was built)

Easy to connect the DB1 to the phone app by simply scanning the provided bar code (you need a Micro SD card in the DB1 to access playback on the phone app unless you want to pay for online storage)
Also connected successfully to my HikVision DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A NVR