dead blue screen Watch Dog ?

Andreszz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi I get every 3 or 4 days this, and the PC do no reboot alone.

Dual monitor with onboard video could be the problem ?
There is any option to automatic reboot if this happen ? may be a hardwar option ?

HARDWARE:
MSI H170M-A, I7-6700, 16GB DDR4 PATRIOT, SSD 12GB KINGSTONE, WD PURP 4TB, WINDOWS 10

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about that. Blue screen errors usually mean hardware defects and those can be next to impossible to identify without replacing every piece of the system.

You could get a "smart" power switch capable of auto-ping to detect when the PC has stopped responding and power cycle it. In the PC's bios set it to power on automatically after AC power restoration. This isn't a foolproof solution ... I had an unstable office machine for several years on one of these power switches, and it did not always power on when it was supposed to.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Hi I get every 3 or 4 days this, and the PC do no reboot alone.

Dual monitor with onboard video could be the problem ?
There is any option to automatic reboot if this happen ? may be a hardwar option ?

HARDWARE:
MSI H170M-A, I7-6700, 16GB DDR4 PATRIOT, SSD 12GB KINGSTONE, WD PURP 4TB, WINDOWS 10
Instead of trying to put a band aid on the issue, lets see if we can do some troubleshooting and fix it.

When it blue screens, what error message do you get?

First, it looks like you built the computer. When you installed Windows, did you go to MSI's website and download ALL of the drivers for the motherboard?

Have you run MemTest86 to see if you have an issue with your memory?

Whats the make/model of your DDR4?

What's the model of your Kingston SSD? I'm also going to assume it's a 120GB version and the 12GB is just a typo.

A couple of years ago I built a test computer for BI with spare parts I had laying around my house. One of the components was an OCZ Vertex 4 SSD. Every couple of days the computer would Blue Screen. Eventually, I narrowed it down to the SSD. I replaced the OCZ Vertex 4 with a Samsung 850 Evo. After I replaced the SSD, the computer never Blue Screened again.

Reaction score
I once had a USB keyboard cause BSOD!!
Exactly, so it could be something simple.

@Andreszz do you have any boards plugged into the PCI bus on the motherboard? Do you have anything in the USB ports besides keyboard and mouse? The more information we have the better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andreszz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, I've the bluecherry and a network card PCI.
It happens ounces each 2 o 3 days, now my first suspect is the integrated video card, because Im using 2 monitors and it seems to stress to much the video card. So i left only one display we will see how it works.
Then in second place I use crome browser to see the cameras and cast it to a crome cast. It use a lot of CPU and video card, so it could be a trouble too.

The pc hardware is all new and top quality, I have trouble with SSD in the past, but the modern ones are more reliable an do not have compatibility troubles.

Well i will try wit this changes,one display and stop using crome cast.

Reaction score
How many cameras and what mp do you have on this system?

I doubt it's the integrated video card. I have a setup that has dual 1080p monitors running constantly without any issues.

Can you post the model number for your SSD? Searching Newegg for 120GB kingston SSD brings up the Kingston VS 300 SSD. This model has over 170 negative reviews on Newegg in which the SSD failed or caused computer crashes. Personally, I would only use a high quality SSD in my BI system such as the Samsung Evo series.

Just because the hardware is new and high quality doesn't mean it isn't defective.

Have you run memtest86 to make sure you don't have an issue with your RAM? Also, who is the manufacture of your RAM?

Whats the make/model of your network PCI card? Is there a way you can run the computer with just the onboard LAN port to see if the PCI card is causing the issue?

EDIT: You didn't state if you installed all of the motherboard drivers. Did you install all of the latest motherboard drivers including the display driver?

Andreszz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Andreszz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ive 2 networks 192.168.10.x all IP cameras. (on board network card)
192.168.1.x Office network, internet, remote users etc.

Camearas : 16 analog and 6 IP 4MP. reolink/hikvision

I will run memtest86 nest time it freeze.