Decent camera similar to Wyze's form factor?

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 3 PTZ Amcrest cameras that I am mostly happy with except they are not good at looking down unless they are installed upside down. I am trying to install cameras in less visible places: eg, TV stands, bookshelves, top of kitchen cabinets. I'm just not keen on the idea of installing these cameras on the ceiling. For example, with a Wyze cam, I could easily set it on the top of my TV and point it down to see what my cats are up to when we are out of the house.

Is there anything that may work better than the Wyze but have the same small form factor? I'm willing to pay more for the cams.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if looking for same form factor and price as the Wyze, I tested the ezviz c1c. Better image and better sound. But if you ever need customer support, they are the worst Company I ever deal with.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 3 PTZ Amcrest cameras that I am mostly happy with except they are not good at looking down unless they are installed upside down.
One of my Amcrest IP2M-841's sat on a piano but reached it's P/T limit looking down at the rug where the dogs are. I installed the included wall/ceiling bracket on the bottom of the cam, screwed it to a 6" x 6" block of nice finished wood that's 1" thick, raised the bracket, which in turn let the 841 look almost straight down.

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of my Amcrest IP2M-841's sat on a piano but reached it's P/T limit looking down at the rug where the dogs are. I installed the included wall/ceiling bracket on the bottom of the cam, screwed it to a 6" x 6" block of nice finished wood that's 1" thick, raised the bracket, which in turn let the 841 look almost straight down.
I was thinking about doing something like that but then I thought I would be doing a bit much for the work around. Now you've made me reconsider it. Do you have a picture you can share of your setup?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing something like that but then I thought I would be doing a bit much for the work around. Now you've made me reconsider it. Do you have a picture you can share of your setup?
I'll post one when I get back into town, likely a day or two.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here ya go.
This sits atop a piano but I needed more tilt to see the floor where the dogs are. It's a wood plaque from Hobby Lobby, used for awards or decoupage, etc. The wife wants it stained dark to match the piano, hadn't got a "round tuit" yet. The honey-do list grows larger every day. :facepalm:

First image, bracket minus cam, mounted on wood. Second image, how I use it. Third image, it can go way down if need be.

brkt_1.jpg brkt_2.jpg

brkt_3.jpg

digdoug

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here ya go.
This sits atop a piano but I needed more tilt to see the floor where the dogs are. It's a wood plaque from Hobby Lobby, used for awards or decoupage, etc. The wife wants it stained dark to match the piano, hadn't got a "round tuit" yet. The honey-do list grows larger every day. :facepalm:

First image, bracket minus cam, mounted on wood. Second image, how I use it. Third image, it can go way down if need be.

View attachment 59167 View attachment 59168

View attachment 59169
Great idea! Thank you for sharing the pictures. This looks good. I need to do something like this. Our interior cameras are primarily used to check in on our cats. :)