Decent Dome Camera

cpd5899

n3wb
Reaction score
I was hoping to get some help. I'm looking at purchasing a dome camera for outside use. I was hoping to get a PT or PTZ camera. I currently have two Foscam cameras in my house. I am ok with them. They have their issues but I can't complain. WHEN they work they work great. Just wish I could increase the FPS. Never seems to pass 10 fps :sad2:

Anyway, I will looking for a reliable outdoor camera which would set up as seamlessly as my Foscam's. But I also, don't want to break the bank either. I know I can go on their website and check out the tested cameras, but there are about 500 and checking each and every one would be beyond a pain so I was hoping to get some help from people who know.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping to get some help. I'm looking at purchasing a dome camera for outside use. I was hoping to get a PT or PTZ camera. I currently have two Foscam cameras in my house. I am ok with them. They have their issues but I can't complain. WHEN they work they work great. Just wish I could increase the FPS. Never seems to pass 10 fps :sad2:

Anyway, I will looking for a reliable outdoor camera which would set up as seamlessly as my Foscam's. But I also, don't want to break the bank either. I know I can go on their website and check out the tested cameras, but there are about 500 and checking each and every one would be beyond a pain so I was hoping to get some help from people who know.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Welcome to the forum. Foscam sells junk avoid them.
There are many threads on this forum that discuss reliable cameras. Read them thoroughly.
You likely dont need pan tilt. Do you intend to sit there panning all day? Get a good quality fixed camera.

cpd5899

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, can you give me any ideas what works best for blue iris without breaking the budget? I'd also like to eventually replace the pan and tilt cameras I have in my house if I decide to go with fixed on the outside. Any suggestions would be appreciated

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If you want outdoor PTZ camera, nothing beats currently Huisun/Imporx Mini PTZ v2. It works with BI.